Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I saw a whole flock of them!
Is this normal or is climate change catching up with us!:Eeek:
I know you can see them in Richmond park near London but i have never seen them this far north!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We have six wild peacocks going randy about a caged peahen in Finchampsted.

Two of then used to roost in our of our pine trees for a couple of months until they got a wiff of this peahen!:ROFLMAO:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Thought you had been on the pop DD but see Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

stagman

Deleted User
I saw a whole flock of them!
Is this normal or is climate change catching up with us!:Eeek:
I know you can see them in Richmond park near London but i have never seen them this far north!

It is thought that there were around 500 of these birds living in the wild in England by 1983 and by now around 20,000 .In London alone approx 10,000 and increasing by 30% per year .There is also talk of a cull to control the numbers.

OP
OP
Digger Driver

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
It is thought that there were around 500 of these birds living in the wild in England by 1983 and by now around 20,000 .In London alone approx 10,000 and increasing by 30% per year .There is also talk of a cull to control the numbers.
I herd a rumour that the ones in London were originally released by Jimmy Hendrix when he was stoned!
Don't know whether its true or not but it would be cool if it was!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
they are ring necked parakeets and will in time be found every where. Not reported in wales yet but wallabies are living wild and have been for over 20 years:thumb::thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
they are ring necked parakeets and will in time be found every where. Not reported in wales yet but wallabies are living wild and have been for over 20 years:thumb::thumb:

:Eeek::Eeek: you jest my friend ?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
:Eeek::Eeek: you jest my friend ?

oh no, well maybe a bit, they are in the Peak district and Norfolk, been there since 1951 'ish there are chinese water deer living wild along the borders of wales. Wild boar are spreading rapidly and will soon be in every county, even porcupine have established in the wild. No need to be surprised at anything these days.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Around here you can see the Chav in its Burberry plumage. It is the mating season and there call is "gerrem off uved pulled!!"

S

stagman

Deleted User
Any in Wales stagman ?

I have seen one a cpl years ago,probabally an escapee .I Would imagine that's how it all started the odd one escaping now and again,and as in London a large concentration of people keeping birds the inevitable has happened.

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
The Wallabies live around a clump of Rocks at the Winking Man on the road from Leek to Buxton. Every now and again they lose one or two being run over on the road I believe. There used to be Parrots flying wild at Bickleigh Mill in Devon next to the bridges where Paul Simon was said to have written " Bridge over Troubled Waters ".

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back