Motorhomes free camping in Benidorm (1 Viewer)

Jun 1, 2009
middleton manchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
6 years
hi all at this moment there are eleven motorhome wilding oh the roads and spare ground in front of the park. and across the road from villasol campsite,wonder how long before the site owners make a complaint to the police.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I do hope this is not going to develop into freeloading tossers thread. some people use sites others don't. We are all different so live and let live or I'll set JJ on you.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I do hope this is not going to develop into freeloading tossers thread. some people use sites others don't. We are all different so live and let live or I'll set JJ on you.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just the opposite Roger. Am a well known free loader, having wild camped all over Europe. But for the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would want to sit in there van for 3 weeks in a carpark in Benidorm, Manchester, Liverpool, London, Birmingham or any other city around the world, as they are afraid to leave it unattended just to save a few bob. Am sure even JJ would agree with that. Why would anyone want to sit in the centre of Benidorm in winter sun and not be able to even put a chair out and sit in it. Just beggars belief. Sorry if this offends those that like to wild camp, but to my mind this is the furthest you can get from wild camping. This is without doubt free-loading.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Snowbird

each to their own but I agree with you there.
I do stop overnight when travelling but always spend my time on a site when there for the winter. I can;:thumb:
sit outside and enjoy the sun.
put the table out and have an alfresco meal
have BBQ with friends
put up my awning.

I do find it strange seeing lots of (mostly) men standing outside their M/H, arms folded, 1000 metre stare!! Are they really enjoying themselves:Eeek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
each to their own but I agree with you there.
I do stop overnight when travelling but always spend my time on a site when there for the winter. I can;:thumb:
sit outside and enjoy the sun.
put the table out and have an alfresco meal
have BBQ with friends
put up my awning.

I do find it strange seeing lots of (mostly) men standing outside their M/H, arms folded, 1000 metre stare!! Are they really enjoying themselves:Eeek:

Who knows, who cares :Smile:
As long as they are not bothering others..

Here at home I usually wake up, turn on the 'puter, and while its booting Go out in the square and sit on one of the picnic tables, having a smoke and watching the world go by..

To others I am switched off and staring at nowt.. but I am chilling* and getting my head right for the day ahead ( *and at this time of year that word is quite apt ! )

As to wilding.. Again providing it is not causing grief to others I reckon its great..
Far more in the true spirit of things motorhome surely :thumb:
And when I say not causing grief I do not mean simply not giving your money to a site owner.. I mean not leaving mess, not causing noise etc..
I was told many many years ago that the best drivers are never ever noticed..
The best wilders should be pretty much the same :winky:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
BUT

If they are sitting on a car park for 2/3 weeks, where are they getting water from and what are they doing with human waste??:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If they are sitting on a car park for 2/3 weeks, where are they getting water from and what are they doing with human waste??:

There is a tap in the park near where they are parked...
Toilet dump ???? Lots of waste land over the road.... :Eeek:

One year at that spot we saw a couple standing on the waste ground, she was bending and washing hair while the guy was pouring water over...
Ok, saves filling the grey tank we may say..
But they were in a decent £100k van ?? Each to their own but I dont see the point... :Doh:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Benidorm 'parking'

I have passed this area at least twice a day for the last week. Those there at the beginning of the week are not there now.
The two big RV jobs were Funsters. 'Keith' was displayed in the windscreen of one.
Another guy who I have met several times before was there for a couple of days before taking up his booked pitch on Raco.
I have not seen any kit left outside any of the vans and the whole area looks very tidy.
On several occasions it seemed that several of the vans were not occupied. I assumed the occupants had gone into the town.
THEY ARE ONLY PARKING
If they want to sit outside they can sit in the park. If they want to eat their own prepared food they can have a picnic in the park. I f they want to use the bars/cafes just like the rest of us, they can.
They don't seem to have a problem with what they do.
I don't have a problem with what they do.
The local Police don't seem to have a problem with what they do.
WHO HAS A PROBLEM?

(ok I've done)

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Benidorm Parking

i walk by the park twice a day with the dogs and usually have a chat with the spanish lady [Carmen] and her dog millou that sit in the park every morning.
The motorhomes including the RVs that parked in the parking area were there on sunday morning but by sunday afternoon they had all gone so I suspect the police moved them on.the ones in the street had gone by this morning but there is still a couple in the cinema carpark.
Any rubbish dumped down the bank is soon devoured by the locals picture enclosed [/SIZE
Alan:thumb:

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
i walk by the park twice a day with the dogs and usually have a chat with the spanish lady [carmen] and her dog millou that sit in the park every morning.
The motorhomes including the rvs that parked in the parking area were there on sunday morning but by sunday afternoon they had all gone so i suspect the police moved them on.the ones in the street had gone by this morning but there is still a couple in the cinema carpark.
Any rubbish dumped down the bank is soon devoured by the locals picture enclosed [/size
alan:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_1649.jpg
    IMG_1649.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 92

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp

Is that how ""RESPONSIBLE"" people dispose of their ****
If thats the case I thinks its a disgrace.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011

That is not the way of most. The length of time you can stay without emptying the black waste depends on two things. How large the capacity of tank/cassette(s) and how much you put in it.

Local bars and restuarants don't just serve food and drink they also have lavatories which you can use before you leave thereby lessening the load on your in-van facilities. Of course some folk prefer to only use their own loo. Others are just full of p**s and s**t. :roflmto::roflmto:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Gunner, I think you are reading my quote wrong..
I am CERTAINLY NOT saying to do that. !!! Or even that they may be doing it.
What I meant was, do you think that maybe some of them may do that.. ???
You never know..
I know the spot very well, if I was just travelling through I would have no hesitation for a using it as a night stop.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Probably benefit recipients or state pensioners, after using their fuel allowance to get down there not a lot left in the kitty until the next benefit cheque reaches their accounts. :Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Gunner, I think you are reading my quote wrong..
I am CERTAINLY NOT saying to do that. !!! Or even that they may be doing it.
What I meant was, do you think that maybe some of them may do that.. ???
You never know..
I know the spot very well, if I was just travelling through I would have no hesitation for a using it as a night stop.

Exactly...I have used the same place as a night halt many times. Both myself and Smudger used it as a night halt this year as it was after dark when we arrived in Benidorm and did not want to try and find a pitch on a site in the dark. I dont think anyone would have a problem with that, even the police have turned a blind eye to that, as they understand the situation. But........THREE WEEKS is not a night halt, and the local old Bill know that in, THREE WEEKS bodily waste fluids have to be disposed of somewhere. Everyone has now been moved on, those spending one night before moving onto a site, and those spending the whole winter there. Thats quite possibly another night halt gone for ever because of the few :Angry:.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I have passed this area at least twice a day for the last week. Those there at the beginning of the week are not there now.
The two big RV jobs were Funsters. 'Keith' was displayed in the windscreen of one.
Another guy who I have met several times before was there for a couple of days before taking up his booked pitch on Raco.
I have not seen any kit left outside any of the vans and the whole area looks very tidy.
On several occasions it seemed that several of the vans were not occupied. I assumed the occupants had gone into the town.
THEY ARE ONLY PARKING
If they want to sit outside they can sit in the park. If they want to eat their own prepared food they can have a picnic in the park. I f they want to use the bars/cafes just like the rest of us, they can.
They don't seem to have a problem with what they do.
I don't have a problem with what they do.
The local Police don't seem to have a problem with what they do.
WHO HAS A PROBLEM?

(ok I've done)

And that's not me. :whatthe:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We had about 30 here in Javea, they come every year and yes they do get moved but within a few days others arrive. :Smile:

I know that a lot of them get water at the garage, don't know how they dispose of the waste, down some man hole I would say, but if its sewer is another thing. :RollEyes:

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against wild camping / free loading / overnight parking whatever you wish to call it, in fact we have parked overnight on the very same waste land. :Smile:

But.........................we don't stay all winter, we have road tax on the window, some UK motorhomes feel as they are here they don't need it !
Many that come have no intention of spending anything, they never leave the motorhome, we had someone park up the road from the site we stay on, never saw the lady come in but could not miss her going out in her dressing gown after having her shower. :whatthe:

But each to their own, but it makes me smile when people moan about the Spanish moving them on, yet when they provide an Aire they will not use it. :Smile: Bob.

Judge not...

Lest ye be judged...

JJ :Cool:

I will not judge you JJ, having wild camped with you, at a delightful spot, not a car park with all the others. :Smile:

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Judge me as whatever you like, but I do like to think of myself as responsible. Am certainly not squeaky clean, and like others have had to bend the rules occasionally out of necessity.
1) Yes I have emptied tanks in hedgerows and bushes out of the way in the wilderness where it would not offend anyone. I have never trailed grey or black water down the road, as not only is it against the law, its offensive to others.
2) Yes I have parked on carparks overnight, but have never set up camp or stayed on a carpark for 3 weeks. I have never wild camped in front of anyone's home or a hotel, spoiling there view.
3) When wild camping and before choosing a spot to wild camp in, I have always asked myself the question, will I offend anyone by staying here.
4) I have never left rubbish or even though I am a smoker have never even dropped a cigarette end on the floor where am camping. I take everything in a sack until I find a bin to put it in.
5) When wild camping I have never put laundry out on a hedge or line.
6) When I started motorhoming I wild camped all over Europe without problem. I knew of at least 200 wilding spots on the Spanish coast alone. Most have now been stopped, just because of the few that could not follow the above basic rules.
7) I used to pass on information about good wilding spots, and was once criticized for doing so as they would become over populated. I replied that I thought that the whole objective of a motorhome forum was to exchange information. I have now stopped passing this information on, which is a loss to many.
It seems to me that some think because they have bought a motorhome, it gives them the right to do just as they please without regard to anyone else, which I think is a pity, but hey ho, life goes on. I will continue to overnight on carparks and wild in wilding spots. Use campsites and keep what I know to myself.

OP
OP
toyota
Jun 1, 2009
middleton manchester
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
6 years
Judge me as whatever you like, but I do like to think of myself as responsible. Am certainly not squeaky clean, and like others have had to bend the rules occasionally out of necessity.
1) Yes I have emptied tanks in hedgerows and bushes out of the way in the wilderness where it would not offend anyone. I have never trailed grey or black water down the road, as not only is it against the law, its offensive to others.
2) Yes I have parked on carparks overnight, but have never set up camp or stayed on a carpark for 3 weeks. I have never wild camped in front of anyone's home or a hotel, spoiling there view.
3) When wild camping and before choosing a spot to wild camp in, I have always asked myself the question, will I offend anyone by staying here.
4) I have never left rubbish or even though I am a smoker have never even dropped a cigarette end on the floor where am camping. I take everything in a sack until I find a bin to put it in.
5) When wild camping I have never put laundry out on a hedge or line.
6) When I started motorhoming I wild camped all over Europe without problem. I knew of at least 200 wilding spots on the Spanish coast alone. Most have now been stopped, just because of the few that could not follow the above basic rules.
7) I used to pass on information about good wilding spots, and was once criticized for doing so as they would become over populated. I replied that I thought that the whole objective of a motorhome forum was to exchange information. I have now stopped passing this information on, which is a loss to many.
It seems to me that some think because they have bought a motorhome, it gives them the right to do just as they please without regard to anyone else, which I think is a pity, but hey ho, life goes on. I will continue to overnight on carparks and wild in wilding spots. Use campsites and keep what I know to myself.

hi i started the post just to mention what was happening near the park,i have no problems with wild camping but once people abuse the fact that one to four night is fine then it becomes a problem my humble opinion is it abuses the the idea of wild camping by staying to long in one spot,and so spoils it for any true traveler that requires an overnight stop.
so selfish people will see to it that the police and local council will surely erect the signs to prohibit over nighting at any time.and spoil it for others especially disabled travelers who wish to visit the town and be close to the bars and restaurants to enjoy them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back