Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
A friend of ours (and a potential new member of MHF) is looking to buy a motorhome, they have been caravanners for many years but due to medical issues they believe the way forward (especially as she will be driving) is to change over to a motorhome.
the question she is asking is:

"We have seen a motorhome we like. It is a Bessacar E450 Fiat, 2286, diesel, two berth, fixed bed. Does anyone have any positive or negative views on this type? I am posting this for advice from anyone who knows more than we do."

So if any of you kindly funsters can shed any light on this make and model I will pass the info back and I know the couple will be eternally grateful.

thank you in advance!

love n hugs
Andrea
x

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The one thing we did not like about many fixed beds (and also drop down ones) is that they run across the motorhome. that means that one person has to climb over the other (and wake them up) to get out in the middle of the night for a call of nature. Becomes an increasingly important consideration with age!!

Having said that we liked the idea of fixed beds (no bed making) and so ended up with fixed single beds. The disadvantage is that makes for a longer motorhome.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
. that means that one person has to climb over the other (and wake them up) to get out in the middle of the night for a call of nature. Becomes an increasingly important consideration with age!!
But always a good excuse for a cheeky feel :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
As Peter says it does depend on age as some models did have floor problems.
We have an Bessacarr E450 2011 and we love it, feel free to pm if you need any questions answered.:thumb:

It is 4 berth if it is the 450 but only 2 seat belts so no passengers if it is a late model.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Cant comment on that model but have a Bessacarr 795 (07) and abs love it - had since new and it was one of the best decision that we have made.

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Bed

In my view, fixed bed is the way to go - so comfortable and no messing about etc at the start and end of the day. Great storage underneath it too.

Russell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We had a Bessacar E425 and loved it, apart from the fact that the bed was accessed up a ladder and when you have to get up several times a night for the loo, and if you left the ladder attached it covered the bathroom door, so you had to remove it to get in there, then put it back all without putting the light on ..... so we slept with the bathroom door open. But then it's high summer and there was nowhere to empty the cassette yesterday ..... you get the picture. Fantastically comfy bed on the luton and always had really good sleep in it.

I have no idea if it's still for sale, but here it is. Link Removed

So we swapped it for a fixed bed model, which we had initially completely discounted because they ARE a waste of space.

The habitation area carpets are rolled up on the luton bed in these pics and we left the washing up bowl as it took us a long time to find a decent one that fitted in the sink and it didn't fit the new van!

The E450 looks a good layout for 2 people.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
::bigsmile:
The one thing we did not like about many fixed beds (and also drop down ones) is that they run across the motorhome. that means that one person has to climb over the other (and wake them up) to get out in the middle of the night for a call of nature. Becomes an increasingly important consideration with age!!

Having said that we liked the idea of fixed beds (no bed making) and so ended up with fixed single beds. The disadvantage is that makes for a longer motorhome.

I quite like the one climbing over the other bit. (OOPS done it again)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back