SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Has anyone been to Morocco via Ceuta or Tanger Med recently ?.
Which is the easiest crossing , regarding getting through the port paper work etc ,?:Confused:

david stirling

Free Member
Nov 30, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A CLASS RV
Exp
Since 2011
There is no problem going through Tangier Med and it saves 2 lots of border crossings. If you buy your tickets from Voyages Normandie at Los Barrios, the shop is on the side of the Lidl supermarket, they will do all your import export doucementation. Stay clear of Tangier Ville, it is bandit country. Look at my site for details of camping and the crossing to Morocco Broken Link Removed. If you need any more help let me know but Tqangier Med is a good proffessional port without the "helpers" you get at Tangier Ville.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Has anyone been to Morocco via Ceuta or Tanger Med recently ?.
Which is the easiest crossing , regarding getting through the port paper work etc ,?:Confused:

LOOK. ,,,!!!,! He's changing the plan already... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Having read the blogs of people who used that route and the hassle of "touts" etc,. I am real glad we did Tangier Med....... We sort of know the routine now, just get a flask ready or put the kettle on while we are waiting... :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
LOOK. ,,,!!!,! He's changing the plan already... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Having read the blogs of people who used that route and the hassle of "touts" etc,. I am real glad we did Tangier Med....... We sort of know the routine now, just get a flask ready or put the kettle on while we are waiting... :Doh:

i have been asked to compare the 2 crossings , by others who want to go to Morocco
and as i have only been through Tanget Med , i have raised the question ...

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
i have been asked to compare the 2 crossings , by others who want to go to Morocco
and as i have only been through Tanget Med , i have raised the question ...

Cueta was the reason 'er indoors did not want to return. It was mayhem.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
I think the advantage of Tanger is that passport control is on the boat, you arrive directly in Morocco with only the customs bit to pass through. Plus it has much better road connections than Ceuta (winter) direct to the coast via new roads. Carlos has a well worked system.

Only problem is the pizza are very expensive on the ferry - beware!

However, I have read if you travel through Ceuta late at night (to miss the touts) it can be very straight forward if you want to go to Meknes. But heading south at night or day in the winter over the hills is not for me, maybe worth considering leaving Morocco when there is better weather.

But as we know :Blush: things can change..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Suggy,

Our first driving visit to Morocco (car not MH ) was through Ceuta and we had no great hassles at the Spanish/Morocco border. Unlike many individuals who attempted the vehicle documentation themselves, we had no hesitation "employing" one of the many "touts " at the crossing point. This individual took me by the arm, and marched me straight to the front of a 50 deep queue to have my docs done. Then took me across the compound, same procedure, straight to the head of the line to the police office.

20 minutes all told and he charged me €5, plus my gift to him..... bottle of wine!!!

Having said all that, would not consider doing that route again as it was hugely congested and the return journey at 8pm was a nightmare. No helpers around at that time of night. Strongly recommend that Group 2014 and others STICK TO THE PLAN !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tangier Med............... Easy Peasy !

Regards Bryan/Anna

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ceuta or tangiers

We went out via Ceuta last year (but as part of a tour group) and cam back the same way on our own. Not a pleasant experience I'd say, with masses of people milling around. We were glad to be through and on our way, so if others are recommending Tangier, go for it! :thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I must admit we had lots of problems at Cueta , their computers systems were down.
On our return there were lots of day visitors trying to get through as that was as mad, and we were searched.

Not tried the tangier route, but would this time, as trying to find the cueta border was a bit hard too.

Pat

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We went out via Ceuta last year (but as part of a tour group) and cam back the same way on our own. Not a pleasant experience I'd say, with masses of people milling around. We were glad to be through and on our way, so if others are recommending Tangier, go for it! :thumb:

We did the same in 2007 and that's why we are glad to be going with fun, Ceuta did seem very very hectic .

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
There is no problem going through Tangier Med and it saves 2 lots of border crossings. If you buy your tickets from Voyages Normandie at Los Barrios, the shop is on the side of the Lidl supermarket, they will do all your import export doucementation. Stay clear of Tangier Ville, it is bandit country. Look at my site for details of camping and the crossing to Morocco Broken Link Removed. If you need any more help let me know but Tqangier Med is a good proffessional port without the "helpers" you get at Tangier Ville.

First of all welcome to fun, what a excellent source of information, thank you for shareing, we have bookmarked your blog lots to read.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back