Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
on our Autotrail Apache we have an arm rest on both front seats, driver and passenger. However, the arm rests are only on the insides of the seats, left on the drivers seat and right on the passenger's which are really comfy on the run.

Problem - on the drivers seat there is no arm rest on the right and its a good way from the door handle to rest my arm on. I have checked out the seat and oposit from the left hand arm rest is a lumber adjuster so unable to fit an arm rest to the seat on the right.

Any suggestions to help - its really comfortable but I feel lop-sided without a rest on the right.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We had the same problem in our last van, this one has two armrest and its really comfy. Sorry that doesn't help just thought I'd let you know how comfy two are :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
What chassis is it on?
Our Mercedes Viano only has arm rests on the inside.
Due to the airbags in the seats you cant have outer armrests.

Mel

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi Mel,
it is a Fiat Ducato - I'm minded to change the seat to the Ducato van type, some I have seen have armrests both sides of the drivers seat.

Regards,

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
My previous vehicle, a Bessacarr E695 (1998) had 2 arm rest's on each seat and it proved very comfortable when driving. Our current vehicle, like yours has only 1 on each seat.

Not sure if it is possible to fit different seats as a retrospective, maybe able to fit 2 rest seats in place of the 1 rest seat.

Just a thought.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have two arm rest and it's the most comfy driving position I have know on a old van just to let you know to:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
nope don't have an answer to you're problem ::bigsmile:riving2::rollonfloor:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Arm rests

Our first van (Fiat, 2006/06) had only one arm rest per seat and although I felt a little cheated, I developed a style if driving which enabled me to lean to the left on long, uninterrupted stretches. Our second van and now our current van had and have arm rests both sides, which us very relaxing on long stretches but whenever get close to junctions, traffic lights iron areas where slick gear changes are needed, I flip the arm rests up anyway, as I want easy access to the gear lever and handbrake.

I would imagine you can get replacement seats if you really want them, but if I'm honest, the armrests are mist used when we are on site with the seats swivelled!::bigsmile:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I had two armrests on my previous van, I haven`t any at all on this one, I miss them would love to have them, again, anyone know if they can be fitted to a VWT4 , I did email a firm two weeks ago with a link that someone sent me, haven`t had any reply whatsoever. I don`t have airbags.

Margaret

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Two armrests on both front seats on our Autotrail :Tongue1: :winky:

Why not contact them and see if they can be retro fitted, or at the worst, new seats.
It may be possible to get them from a breakers.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Ah ha! Now you've started an argument here.......I am sure that we only have them on the insides, but Bill says "no" we have them on both arms:Doh:

So, I would go outside and check, but it's pouring down up here......

Margaret:roflmto:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
The rational for not having a rest on drivers right side is cos they were delivery vans and driver was getting in and out quite frequently.Also you will find that in towns when you want to use hand brake often it is easier with arm rest in Up position.
However,I would not be without mine ::bigsmile:
Mike

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I had two armrests on my previous van, I haven`t any at all on this one, I miss them would love to have them, again, anyone know if they can be fitted to a VWT4 , I did email a firm two weeks ago with a link that someone sent me, haven`t had any reply whatsoever. I don`t have airbags.

Margaret

I have 2 one each seat of my T5 but only one each on the Iveco MoHo

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We have two in the Pilote whereas the bessacar only had them on one side. I think personally I would prefer to have the adjustable lumber support. You lose that when you have armrest both sides.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I partially concur with my beloved Trophychap on this one, because although I was thin enough to fit in the gap between the 'door armrest' and the seat on the Bessie, on long drags I could ram a big fat cushion in the gap and use that (I stress we're talking passenger side here!)

But although yes I'd have liked a lumbar support meself cos passenger didn't get one in the Bessie so no loss now! - actually the seat squab (or whatever it's called that your bum actually goes on) seems one HELL of a lot more comfy than the ones in the Bessie - we both used to get "arsebone "ache in it! to the degree we put a loose cushion on each seat to make it more bearable.

Just think they are upgraded seats generally.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Like you I only have one arm rest of the left hand drivers side. I wegde a cushion between myself and the window rest which does the trick for me. :thumb:

mfh27748

Free Member
Mar 4, 2008
essex/london
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
since 2008
Hi All,
on our Autotrail Apache we have an arm rest on both front seats, driver and passenger. However, the arm rests are only on the insides of the seats, left on the drivers seat and right on the passenger's which are really comfy on the run.

Problem - on the drivers seat there is no arm rest on the right and its a good way from the door handle to rest my arm on. I have checked out the seat and oposit from the left hand arm rest is a lumber adjuster so unable to fit an arm rest to the seat on the right.

Any suggestions to help - its really comfortable but I feel lop-sided without a rest on the right.

Regards,

Is it a current model

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Two arm rests on both seats on our Rapido, dead comfortable LOL:RollEyes:

Same with our Rapido....arm rest's on both front seat's ...AND ON BOTH SIDES OF EACH SEAT....AND VERY COMFY...LOVELY...and they were on our previous motorhome both sides on both seats..Fiat multi jet 130 2008 McLouis low profile custom cab...::bigsmile: lovely:thumb:

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
This any good? [Link Removed I was thniking about using them on previous van, but then bought another one - which has two. And it is sooooo much more comfortable. As previous posters have said, you need to haul the offside one up in town, otherwise it gets in the way of handbrake operation a bit, but I would not be without it on long journeys.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
This any good? [Link Removed I was thniking about using them on previous van, but then bought another one - which has two. And it is sooooo much more comfortable. As previous posters have said, you need to haul the offside one up in town, otherwise it gets in the way of handbrake operation a bit, but I would not be without it on long journeys.

Many thanks for the link Eric - Just what I am looking for.

I am going to check out the seat later as the link does mention the lumber support and it appears the armrest can be fitted with the lumber support (which is superb so don't want to lose that) in place.

Again, Many Thanks for your efforts. :thumb:

Regards,

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Two arm rests on my driver seat in our 2012 Autotrail. Problem is that if I use the right one I can't reach the handbrake :Eeek:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
2 armrests on each seat in our '91 Dethleffs ... :thumb:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Meant to say I had two armrests each on the two cab seats on my Topaz, none on the one I have now, thanks for the link, but they do not fit on my VW, will have to look elsewhere.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
sounds to me like not only do you need a MH with 2 armrests on each seat, but also an auto gearbox, no issues with hand brake for us

and we have lumbar with 2 armrests

as earlier, chop it in for a Hymer save yourself a lot of hassle

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back