LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi ....al this talk of flushing black holding tank with gray tank,i have a c class with two outlets one for eatch never flushed with gray tank is this just my rv or am i missing something? one tank eatch side:Eeek:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Many RVs share the same exit pipe, so in theory if both valves are open, the tanks are connected, so by leaving the black open as you flush the grey, some grey will inter the black and flush it. That's the theory anyway. I never did physics but I do not think it would work on my tanks as they sit to high and I am sure that only a dribble of grey would manage to get to the black tank.

So (on my system at least) the grey is good for flushing the hoses but not the black tank, trouble is the grey often stinks more than the black so I always flush with fresh when I can. Our tank has a cleaning jet inside it so you can hook a hose to it and it whizzes around inside like one of those "Crazy Daisies" and I usually run this untill everything is running "clear"

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
i flush my black tank using a "swizzle stick" down the toilet every once in a while. i put a clear 45 degree adaptor between the outlet and the sewer pipe, and flush until the water runs clear. i keep a separate hose for this, to avoid any possibility of subsequent cross contamination with fresh water.

des

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Keeping things sweet

Hi Guys
When we clean the kitchen sink, bathroom sink and the shower we do this with a bleach / water solution. We never allow food particles to be flushed down the kit sink. All food is wiped off cutlery and crocks with kitchen roll and binned. Result - there is no smells coming from the gray tank. All drains have a 'U ' trap in the pipes. When draining the gray tank, there is no smell at all.
After draining the black tank, before disconnecting we open the loo and pore in a bucket of fresh water. Result, no unpleasent smells from either. :thumb:
Pudseykeith and Rosalie. :Smile:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Jim you can partialy flush the black tank with the grey if you are dumping into a manhole or grating as follows: dump all of the black then with the black valve still open lift the dump hose upwards so the open end is above the level of the tanks then open up the grey valve this will cauase the tanks to equalise then carefully drop the hose into the manhole or grating.

I'm in agreement with you though in as much as I find the grey waste to be far smellier than the black, and I have a flush sprinkler in my black tank anyway.

Regards Pat

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Hi Jim you can partialy flush the black tank with the grey if you are dumping into a manhole or grating as follows: dump all of the black then with the black valve still open lift the dump hose upwards so the open end is above the level of the tanks then open up the grey valve this will cauase the tanks to equalise then carefully drop the hose into the manhole or grating.

Regards Pat

I think I saw that demonstrated in the film RV :ROFLMAO:

::bigsmile:

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
thanks for all your input ....but mine has two outlets gray on drivers side and black onthe other side not linked is this just my rv or are all c class like mine?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back