Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
need some help please
i have no 12v in motorhome/ only 240works

i have a nordell ettroniga battery charger i have check power comeing out by way of a light. all fuse check as far as i can find them
i have 2 /110 batterys check the fuse all ok

thx dave

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
need some help please

i have a nordell ettroniga battery charger i have check power comeing out by way of a light. all fuse check as far as i can find them

thx dave

More info needed

Year make model of motorhome

Photos of the In house 12 volt. Switch board

Photos of wife age if wife
Sorry wrong site

There may be a master switch. To isolate habitation electrics
Normally a large Red key could be yellow

Yours Ian

OP
OP
2bob
Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
Sorry wrong site

it will cost you motorhomelover

thx 4 reply:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
had same problem in a 2008 swift kontiki, 240 coming in but no 12volt,couldnt find any faults,took control panel out, took connections off, put back together and now it works, cant find any dry joints or anything,its worth a check

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Sorry wrong site

it will cost you motorhomelover

thx 4 reply:thumb:
Whoops I did say wrong site. He he he
Good to see you can have a laugh

Still no photos. Honest we will
Not black mail you with any photos given

Yours Ian

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
on uk vans for you tend to find the converter fits a relay to cut 12v in the habitation when the engine is running. i have known these fail a few times

first things first though measure voltage at the batteries with the engine and 240v battery charger off

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
on uk vans for you tend to find the converter fits a relay to cut 12v in the habitation when the engine is running. i have known these fail a few times

first things first though measure voltage at the batteries with the engine and 240v battery charger off
first things first though measure voltage at the batteries with the engine RUNNING and 240v battery charger off ??

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
first things first though measure voltage at the batteries with the engine RUNNING and 240v battery charger off ??
with the engine running you will measure the alternator output. the charger will also give a charge voltage. what you need to know is the voltage of the battery bank at rest. always wait an hour after charging is switched off to test battery voltage to ensure your not reading surface voltage as this will read higher

if the battery is fully charged and the main fuse intact, then the fault is with distribution. either switched off, relay stuck open or control panel fault. not simple to diagnose over the internet, but by following a few simple steps will hopefully narrow the search

if your battery bank is fully charged, still with 240v off, try removing the main battery fuse for 20 minutes to reset the control panel. double check fuse with a meter.

finding the cutoff relay is not always as simple as it should be, it depends on manufacturer. some are mounted near the battery some beside or on the control board

mobic

Free Member
Oct 23, 2013
Linlithgow, West Lothian
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
location of breaker panel Swift Royale

Hi, I see your unit is a sundance which I believe is similar to the Royale. The breaker/control panel in Nina is in the cupboard/wardrobe driver side, forward of the loo/shower room, which is nowhere near the leisure battery which is under the drivers seat. It is within a couple of feet of the hookup cable input, soI would start searching from there. There isn't much clearance and the breakers are designed with a 'hair trigger'.
Best of luck
Mobic:winky:

OP
OP
2bob
Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
with the engine running you will measure the alternator output. the charger will also give a charge voltage. what you need to know is the voltage of the battery bank at rest. always wait an hour after charging is switched off to test battery voltage to ensure your not reading surface voltage as this will read higher

if the battery is fully charged and the main fuse intact, then the fault is with distribution. either switched off, relay stuck open or control panel fault. not simple to diagnose over the internet, but by following a few simple steps will hopefully narrow the search

if your battery bank is fully charged, still with 240v off, try removing the main battery fuse for 20 minutes to reset the control panel. double check fuse with a meter.

finding the cutoff relay is not always as simple as it should be, it depends on manufacturer. some are mounted near the battery some beside or on the control board

hi if these pic show their is a relay to the right thx

Attachments

• SAM_0195.jpg
    SAM_0195.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 36
  • SAM_0196.jpg
    SAM_0196.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
2bob
Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
Hi, I see your unit is a sundance which I believe is similar to the Royale. The breaker/control panel in Nina is in the cupboard/wardrobe driver side, forward of the loo/shower room, which is nowhere near the leisure battery which is under the drivers seat. It is within a couple of feet of the hookup cable input, soI would start searching from there. There isn't much clearance and the breakers are designed with a 'hair trigger'.
Best of luck
Mobic:winky:

hi my cup/wardrobe is on the near side were hook up cable is and leisure battery are 1 in floor and theother is under seat fuse all ok thx dave

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
that looks like it should be it. there are 2 thick wires, and 2 thin. connect the 2 thick wires together temporarily to see if that cures the problem. if it does, either replace the relay or if you want to use the lights in the back when driving fit a switch so you can disconnect if needed

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
need some help please

thx dave
I see you say the fuses ok, I had a 20amp fuse go near the hab/ bat which knocked things off Pete

OP
OP
2bob
Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
thx all for the replys i think it is the charger as it is a
nodel ettronica which have a bad report and swifte knew ab them
when they came out .they left them in the m/h or vans then if you was unluck it would be out of warranty when you report them .same as the floors

thx again dave

Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
I had issues with my Nordelletronica fuse board and sent it to these guys http://www.apuljackengineering.co.uk I think he also repairs the chargers too. My problem was sorted quickly and returned fast so I would thoroughly recommend them.

OP
OP
2bob
Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
I had issues with my Nordelletronica fuse board and sent it to these guys http://www.apuljackengineering.co.uk I think he also repairs the chargers too. My problem was sorted quickly and returned fast so I would thoroughly recommend them.

hi scottyboy you right sent mine of today
good report apuljack engineering they in somerset

thx you all 4 the replys

dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back