Missing Land Rover 110 Camper Conversion (1 Viewer)

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Have been asked to post this can you keep an eye out for it.

"Hi folks

Can you please post this to any groups you may belong to that are relevant.

My daughter and SIL had their BLUE 1984 Land Rover 110 camper conversion stolen from their back garden last night between 1600-2000 in Saffron Walden.

This vehicle is blue, with a raising roof, 300tdi + R380, galvanised chassis and bulkhead.

Further the engine and transfer box numbers are:

300 Tdi - 16L14382A
LT230 - 02 220697163G
Reg No. B220 ARL

This is a vehicle that was purpose built for his father, and he has owned and cherished it since before we knew him over 15+ years. It had a new gearbox last week as well.....

Any help and further sharing of this may aid the recovery, but..... the feeling is it has been stolen to order and probably stripped for parts....

He now has the hassle of trying to deal with the insurance, for what is a unique original vehicle....

Thanks folks

Carol

You can contact me on carol at carolweaver.co.uk "

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Any chance of a photo? I have a friend who belongs to a 4x4 off road club and is part of a big Landy community, he will repost on his Facebook page. He also works for Landrover Experience and can spread the word.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Unfortunately, these are real thief magnets. :Sad:

I'll do what I can to spread the word - may even have seen the FB posting, come to think of it.

Mine is well-secured but I can't help feeling someone will have her away without my consent at some point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Try asking the chap who renewed the G/Box last week, ' was anybody around there looking at it'. Worth a try.. Yes I know, I am a suspicious sod. !! Mitch.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Recent reports of vehicle thefts have occurred shortly after they have been in a workshop,it does make you wonder!
My LR was stolen years ago and found 2 days later-stripped and the garage that replace the transmission brake had difficulty finding the key when I came to collect it. It was found but not where it was supposed to be,I reckoned it was taken to copy,but couldn't pin it on anyone-I reluctantly didn't use that garage again!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
John & Joan

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Any chance of a photo? I have a friend who belongs to a 4x4 off road club and is part of a big Landy community, he will repost on his Facebook page. He also works for Landrover Experience and can spread the word.

I contacted Carol for any photos.
Good morning John

Thank you for posting, no I don't have any photos unfortunately, and my SIL is certain it is now in pieces

Police could find nothing on CCTV around Saffron Walden and don't hold out much hope

He has all relevant numbers for all parts replaced since and when he had the conversion done from petrol to diesel. Seats are not normal LR ones as they changed these apparently to something else.

They, we think, smashed a window to get in, but strangely parked alongside it was a Mk 1 LR. It is one he tended to cobble bits from, and it has poor brakes and not great for them to use, at present and my daughter hates it and won't drive it, she says she has to double d clutch and even I never learnt to do that and I have been driving since 1963. As SIL says why couldn't they have taken that one!

Carol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back