Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Is it me or is there something happening with the forum :whatthe:

Between some forum chat lines there are lines of ads appearing, they are usually just along the sides of the screen.

Help, is this turning as BBC / Sky -- pay and no ads then pay and ads as well :Eeek:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
ave you got an adblocker switched on if not get one. i only get the ads at the side:thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
What I think is more scarey is that the ads usually have something to do with what I have recently typed.

I dumped my wellingtons and someone 'found' them and an advert for wellies appeared withing minutes...:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The only ads you should be seeing at he moment are on the right below my professional shop advert and top right. Sometimes I have small ads under the first post but not right now. However If your not logged in or not a subcsriber, you'll see others.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
What I think is more scarey is that the ads usually have something to do with what I have recently typed.

I dumped my wellingtons and someone 'found' them and an advert for wellies appeared withing minutes...:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

COOKIES, watching you all the time on line. BUSBY:roflmto:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I often get ads between the posts

But i thought it was my provider here in Belgium as they are Belgian ads

And like Joy says they are ofren related to what you have just serched on line.

Mel

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

big brother is watching Joy.

google links key words in posts to items of 'like' interest and sticks them in as adverts

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
big brother is watching Joy.

google links key words in posts to items of 'like' interest and sticks them in as adverts

:Eeek: I am afraid .... veeeeeerrrrrry afraid.!!!!:whatthe: You have all discovered my 'interest' in wellies.....

Link Removed

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The only ads you should be seeing at he moment are on the right below my professional shop advert and top right. Sometimes I have small ads under the first post but not right now. However If your not logged in or not a subcsriber, you'll see others.

I like the ad for the shop Jim:thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I'm disappointed......

I am getting no Ad's for Joy's Rubber Wellies............:cry:

must turn my Adblocker off.......

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now

It`s all to do with cookies, if you have looked at or searched for a certain item , your pc cookies will remember and pull up ads to do with it.
I know sometimes I have looked at a old MHF posting and find there are x2 others watching :Eeek:--this is cookies that are watching me.
Where are these cookies looking too when I go to the loo :roflmto:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.

I had the Hunter wellies (red ones) advert straight after I read your thread Movan, straight after but not seen since.:roflmto: Spooky.

Trikeman.:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back