Link to Ambleside Aire Closure (Miller Field) (1 Viewer)

Oct 31, 2012
here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650
Exp
Since December 2012
Just saw this link on the "Other" Website, continuing from my previous Thread re-Ambleside Aire, (Miller Field) Regards BillyS

Broken Link Removed

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
United we stand, divided we fall

Millers Field has been established without planning permission. The system would not have granted PP but they will now make sure nothing like it will happen on this land now.
The only way forward in my opinion is pressure on government to change the rules and separate towable caravans from Motor Caravans in legislation and follow the Spanish model. ie. (Eric Pickles his role as Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government please email him at eric.pickles@communities.gsi )

Motorhome users are permitted to carry out manoeuvres of stopping and parking in the same conditions and with the same limitations as any other vehicle.
It is indisputable that the exclusion of certain users must be necessarily motivated and based on reasonable objections such as the external dimensions of the vehicle or the maximum permissible weight (MMA) of the vehicle but not by use of subjective reasons such as: possible uncivilised behaviour by some users such as noise at night, dumping of garbage or waste water onto the public road, monopolization of public space by erecting structures and furnishings or other situations of abuse against which local authorities have effective legal tools to be used in a non-discriminatory manner against all violators, whether users of motorhomes or any other type of vehicle.
In car parks if a vehicle is parked properly, without exceeding markings on the delimitation of the parking space, nor exceeds the time permitted, if any, it is irrelevant whether the occupants are inside the vehicle, and the motorhome is no exception, being sufficient that the activity in the interior does not transcend to the exterior by the setting up of elements which surpass the perimeter of the vehicle such as stalls, awnings, levelling devices, stabilizing devices, etc.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Millers Field has been established without planning permission. The system would not have granted PP but they will now make sure nothing like it will happen on this land now.
The only way forward in my opinion is pressure on government to change the rules and separate towable caravans from Motor Caravans in legislation and follow the Spanish model. ie. (Eric Pickles his role as Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government please email him at eric.pickles@communities.gsi )

Motorhome users are permitted to carry out manoeuvres of stopping and parking in the same conditions and with the same limitations as any other vehicle.
It is indisputable that the exclusion of certain users must be necessarily motivated and based on reasonable objections such as the external dimensions of the vehicle or the maximum permissible weight (MMA) of the vehicle but not by use of subjective reasons such as: possible uncivilised behaviour by some users such as noise at night, dumping of garbage or waste water onto the public road, monopolization of public space by erecting structures and furnishings or other situations of abuse against which local authorities have effective legal tools to be used in a non-discriminatory manner against all violators, whether users of motorhomes or any other type of vehicle.
In car parks if a vehicle is parked properly, without exceeding markings on the delimitation of the parking space, nor exceeds the time permitted, if any, it is irrelevant whether the occupants are inside the vehicle, and the motorhome is no exception, being sufficient that the activity in the interior does not transcend to the exterior by the setting up of elements which surpass the perimeter of the vehicle such as stalls, awnings, levelling devices, stabilizing devices, etc.
Copied from previous thread.
I don't think that you can knock the National Park Authority. The Lakes are as they are because of the NPA. It is after all an area of outstanding beauty enjoyed by millions each year. Allowing one individual to spoil the pleasure of any of these millions for his own financial gain has to be resisted.

Strangely enough I will be visiting Ambleside next week, sounds like a one man protest in favour of it's closure is in order. Working on my protest banner already.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Millers Field has been established without planning permission. The system would not have granted PP but they will now make sure nothing like it will happen on this land now. (snip)

Thank you John. I always thought Miller Field was properly licensed. If that is not the case then I'm afraid the case cannot be won.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back