Repair of magic hamper (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
I wonder if you guys can help me? I have a hamper in the dressing room, that I throw my clothes in the rough vicinity of. Today I thought for a change I would actually put the clothes in the hamper, guess what! it's full, does this mean it's broken? Where can I get it fixed?

Help needed

Mike

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Bin the lot....

And get some Bin-Liners,,,,, takes up less room...

And a bonus you can use them as "Poofs" to sit on when they are full.... :thumb::winky::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Mike,

I think that you have a conflict between the Hamper Proximity Detector and the Hamper Internal Load Indicator. The proximty detector is masking the fact that there is an internal load. I find that if you strategically place some items hanging out of the Hamper the Item recycler will reset itself and look in the hamper and all will be well.:thumb:

I suggest that some form of hard hat be worn though as the recycler can often blow a gasket under these conditions. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lunarman

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Mike,

I think that you have a conflict between the Hamper Proximity Detector and the Hamper Internal Load Indicator. The proximty detector is masking the fact that there is an internal load. I find that if you strategically place some items hanging out of the Hamper the Item recycler will reset itself and look in the hamper and all will be well.:thumb:

I suggest that some form of hard hat be worn though as the recycler can often blow a gasket under these conditions. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lunarman
He's going to need more than a hard hat :boxing::boxing::boxing:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i tend to find the dirty linen hamper is faulty when I cant find an clean item of clothing to wear. in this instance going downstairs and sitting in the lounge in my pants seems to activate the reset function quickly

resetting the hamper seems to entail much grunting and puffing followed by some machine in the kitchen making so much noise that i have to instruct the staff to close the door. a gentleman cannot be expected to tolerate such noise levels whilst watching the television set or dozing in his armchair

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
i tend to find the dirty linen hamper is faulty when I cant find an clean item of clothing to wear. in this instance going downstairs and sitting in the lounge in my pants seems to activate the reset function quickly

resetting the hamper seems to entail much grunting and puffing followed by some machine in the kitchen making so much noise that i have to instruct the staff to close the door. a gentleman cannot be expected to tolerate such noise levels whilst watching the television set or dozing in his armchair

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::swear:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
He's going to need more than a hard hat :boxing::boxing::boxing:
Mike,

It seems that your recycler is stressed and in need of some maintenance. Continued use at present is sure to cause an overload and complete failure.

I suggest that you take it off line and apply some lubrication. Usually lubrication of the Red or White :wine::wine:variety in sufficient quantities to reduce friction will restore the recycler to full working effeciency.

Although over lubrication can result in a slow start after a period of rest.

Lunarman

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Mike,

apply some lubrication. Usually lubrication of the Red or White :wine::wine:variety in sufficient quantities to reduce friction will restore the recycler to full working effeciency.

I would, but it's self lubricating, in fact thinking on it, that could be the problem:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
After reading this thread curiosity got the better of me. So I went and had a look in our bathroom and lo and behold, we have a wicker basket thing that seems similar to the thing you described. I had a quick look inside and much to my surprise I discovered some of my previously worn clothing.

I am now trying to work out how my clothes managed to get in there from their usual storage area on the bedroom floor next to my side of the bed. :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back