LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
You know I am lost with computers so can you help please...

I just went into my emails and there was one from Yahoo saying that today someone tried to log into my Hotmail account from an unknown source in America.. It said if it wasn't me then I should click on a link and change my password etc...

It sounds a bit fishy. Should I do as they say or is THAT the scam not the American bit. :Sad:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
BIG NO

Its a scam I am sure, if your worried go to your hotmail account DIRECT and change it there.

Dont click on any links in that email

Peter

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
STEP AWAY FROM THE LINK!

Go into your account in the usual way if you want to change your password, but do not touch that link, you will spontaneously combust if you do :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
definately a scam.

someone pretending to be Yahoo and clicking the link will redirect you to the scam website...which will look identical to the genuine Yahoo website.

you will be asked to input your current password to supposedly change your password then THEY have your password
meaning they then have access to your account.

if you still feel uncomfortable go to the genuine website and change your password there...never via a link.

i've had a few from paypal....'your account is suspended' or 'your account has unusual transactions' etc....click the link to log in and view.

yeah right.
go to paypal via the genuine log in page and nothing has happened or changed.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Joy, go and sit on the naughty step ... Janine told me to say that!::bigsmile:

You should NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER EVER click on a link, be it in an email, off a website, webpage for ANYTHING like this ..... NEVER!!!! :whatthe:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
I too had a few suspicious emails like that a month or so back from 'paypal' and was instructed to forward them to spoof mail or something like that. But it has left me very twitchy about using paypal now. I have tried several times now to get onto the paypal website via google in order to change my password. I have made sure that my security thingy mcaffee says it is a safe website but when I click onto it it immediately knows who I am ie it comes up with my email address already in the box ready for the password to be entered is this normal or am I getting paranoid I daren't change my password until I know it is not corrupted.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I too had a few suspicious emails like that a month or so back from 'paypal' and was instructed to forward them to spoof mail or something like that. But it has left me very twitchy about using paypal now. I have tried several times now to get onto the paypal website via google in order to change my password. I have made sure that my security thingy mcaffee says it is a safe website but when I click onto it it immediately knows who I am ie [HI]it comes up with my email address [/HI]already in the box ready for the password to be entered is this normal or am I getting paranoid I daren't change my password until I know it is not corrupted.

If you are using the same PC each time it often remembers email addresses. Under tools, Internet options you should be able to tick to delete history when coming out of of the browser, on mine i can tick to delete passwords etc. as well.
Also when you bring up your email sign in make sure the tick box (to remember user name on this computer) is not ticked.

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
You know I am lost with computers so can you help please...

I just went into my emails and there was one from Yahoo saying that today someone tried to log into my Hotmail account from an unknown source in America.. It said if it wasn't me then I should click on a link and change my password etc...

It sounds a bit fishy. Should I do as they say or is THAT the scam not the American bit. :Sad:

I got the same just delete it

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Hotmail is owned by Microsoft, so why would Yahoo be writing to you about your Hotmail account. Yahoo is an entirely separate company.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I just clicked on a link in an email from a Nigerian Prince and now am waiting for my £23m fortune to arrive :Smile:

Had to send £5,000 by bank transfer, but will be worth it :Smile:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
As Python are getting back together they are currently updating their material for the 21st century....
So sing along now.... you know you want to.......

Lovely scam, wonderful scam
Lovely scam, wonderful scam

Scam
Scam
Scam
Scam

Lovely scam
Lovely scam
Lovely scam

Scam, scam, scam, scam

:winky::winky:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I just clicked on a link in an email from a Nigerian Prince and now am waiting for my £23m fortune to arrive :Smile:

I got that one two weeks ago and my money arrived this morning .... ah, you see suspicious minds aint always the best kind... gotta dash. New car ready for collection tonight.:Smile:

Link Removed

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years

Psst:

WANNA BUY A BATTLESHIP :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back