Free Member
Nov 3, 2013
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Hi Everyone,

just joined the MH community, very excited after years of camping and renting took the plunge last month and did self import of a Hymer from Germany. Fantastic experience , brilliant dealer, no hassle. Adventure driving home, NOVA all complete. Now stuck on drive until DVLA registered :Sad:
I have all the forms (CoC etc from Dealer), just trying to decipher them
Almost there, but just couple of questions I hope some-one can assist with

Tax Class - PLG (11) -is this correct ? (it is plated to 4250kg, but weight is 3150kg)
Manufacturer - Should this be Fiat or Hymer
Make - should this be Ducato MultiJet or again more about the Hymer
Model - again - not sure if this is Hymer bit
Type of Body/ vehicle - Motor Caravan ?
Type of Approval number / category - MISP ?
What is the CO2 for 2012 Hymer with Fiat 2.3 Multijet ? - for some reason not on the CoC

I have worked out / translated the rest (loooong evening)

Thanks for any help with any of the above :Smile:

Steve & Mel and Alex

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi Everyone,

just joined the MH community, very excited after years of camping and renting took the plunge last month and did self import of a Hymer from Germany. Fantastic experience , brilliant dealer, no hassle. Adventure driving home, NOVA all complete. Now stuck on drive until DVLA registered :Sad:
I have all the forms (CoC etc from Dealer), just trying to decipher them
Almost there, but just couple of questions I hope some-one can assist with

Tax Class - PLG (11) -is this correct ? (it is plated to 4250kg, but weight is 3150kg)
Manufacturer - Should this be [HI]Fiat[/HI] or Hymer
Make - should this be Ducato MultiJet or again more about the Hymer [HI]Fiat[/HI]
Model - again - not sure if this is Hymer bit [HI]Ducato[/HI]
Type of Body/ vehicle - [HI]Motor Caravan[/HI] ?
Type of Approval number / category - MISP ?
What is the CO2 for 2012 Hymer with Fiat 2.3 Multijet ? - for some reason not on the CoC [HI]Ring a Fiat commercial Dealer
[/HI]
I have worked out / translated the rest (loooong evening)

Thanks for any help with any of the above :Smile:

Steve & Mel and Alex
best to take all the paperwork and forms to your nearest DVLA office and they will help answer the questions and register it there and then. not done one for a few years mind:thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Brum is the nearest, if they are still open. We are in Bedworth and I know we had to go to the one in Northampton the once some time in the last 14 years! but can't recall exactly what it was for now, or whether they told us that WAS the one for us as we are in Bedworth. Entering our (CV) postcode just though, it came up with Garrett's Green as the first choice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

twerly

Free Member
Nov 3, 2013
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Hi

thanks, other than tax implications not sure if that is a good or bad thing ? Good for payload. Was not sure how it worked, i.e. the weight was the manufacturers weight - 3150kg.

Cheers

Steve

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi

thanks, other than tax implications not sure if that is a good or bad thing ? Good for payload. Was not sure how it worked, i.e. the weight was the manufacturers weight - 3150kg.

Cheers

Steve

no way on earth are you going to get a 4250kg gross weight van down to 3150kg and still have payload.

i would say 3150kg is the mass in running order, MIRO, the actual weight when it passed throught the factory gates when new and not the gross weight.

needs registering as 4250kg or you could come unstuck if stopped at a VOSA checkpoint.....and as a bonus, private heavy goods vehicle road tax is just £165pa regardless of CO emmisions.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
best to take all the paperwork and forms to your nearest DVLA office and they will help answer the questions and register it there and then. not done one for a few years mind:thumb:

That's if they are still open as the Gov. are closing them all down in stages.
Check, before you drive to one, that it is still open.

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi,

Just want to add, although the DVLA local office will look over form for you, to ensure it's correct, they can't actually do anything else. My local office (Dundee) was open for another month, but you are as well just sending it "Special Delivery" to Swansea, and wait for the letter back for any discrepancies. I didn't fill in the bits I didn't have the info. for and it went through (eventually).

Local offices even if still open are not processing anything, it is now all being done via Swansea.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi,

Just want to add, ...........................

How about this then !

From novice to Consultant in not much more than One FUN Month.

The power of FUN.

We could rule the world if we tried. But blow that, it would reduce drinking time.

OP
OP
T

twerly

Free Member
Nov 3, 2013
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Hi

I know the 3150 is the MIRO, chose the better chassis to have it plated to give me good payload. I was just not sure if the DVLA 3500 was the MIRO or total maximum payload. In the event I have written a covering letter and left the Tax Class sections blank and sent the CoC and the original registration documents. I did complete the MIRO and the max permitted payload as per the CoC.

:Smile:

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back