Basic Motorhome Maintenance Courses (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
The more I read on this site the more I realise there is so much I don't know how to do, so I wondered if anyone knew of any (very!) basic motorhome maintenance courses available. I've done a quick google search but can't see anything appropriate. Or maybe one of the more technically experienced members would fancy running one (for a fee)?

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This keeps coming up on my to do list and I must get round to it next year.:Doh: Trouble is our rally calendar gets so full there's barely a spare weekend and when there is you want it off.. But

I want to arrange some gatherings/rallies around different themes.

Motorhome Maintenance
Motorhome Security
First Time to France
Motorhome Full timing
Photography etc

I'm sure they would be very popular. As next years days are already filling th calendar I'll see what i can organise.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Jim I think it would be a good idea to show the following to people

1. Fit electrics
2. Fit water system
3. Build some furniture

To help I have a van here that you are welcome to use as it just happens to need the above finishing ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Yes please for us too, maybe we can have a 'cook off' with cadac, remouska double skillet etc :thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Yes please for us too, maybe we can have a 'cook off' with cadac, remouska double skillet etc :thumb:

You should have been in Marjal at the 2012 rally where Frankie (Yodeli) did Paella on the cadac and then Steve (Salopian) did Moules :thumb:
This year 2013 in New year at Marjal Carolyn gave a Master Class in omelette making on a Cadac ::bigsmile:

Mike

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
You should have been in Marjal at the 2012 rally where Frankie (Yodeli) did Paella on the cadac and then Steve (Salopian) did Moules :thumb:
This year 2013 in New year at Marjal Carolyn gave a Master Class in omelette making on a Cadac ::bigsmile:

Mike

I've seen the pictures of the paella it looked awesome, don't think I'll be trying that on our inaugural trip to snow doña (north wales) this weekend!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've seen the pictures of the paella it looked awesome, don't think I'll be trying that on our inaugural trip to snow doña (north wales) this weekend!

It's looking cold and sunny, should be good.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Or maybe one of the more technically experienced members would fancy running one

We do, every day. When have you a seen problem go unsolved round here ?

From a broken engine in France to leaky taps in the Hebrides FUN can solve it.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I think maybe we have de-railed this thread. If we stay begind the sofa, we can try to blag it and blame somebody else :Smile:

May as well stay there till tomorrow night now, cos Dr Who's on, and that's where I certainly watched the first episodes from!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Did anything ever materialize on the original subject ....
Not that I'm aware of..... and yes, still a good idea👍 and not just maintenance, I'm still learning how the things on my van work & I've had it for 6 years😂.

In the Olden Days (pre covid) if you went to any of the rallies there would always be someone around that you could ask advice from who could talk you through/show you/fix it. You'd be guaranteed to see a huddle of blokes under a van or bonnet 😂.

But as Hilldweller said this forum is fantastic if you need online help👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back