Pets that deserve an apology.... (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Was thinking of adding Captain Pugwash's dog to this list after Joys attempt....

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
poor pets,
how would their owners like to be humiliated by their pets if that was possible

I mean i can understand pjs for greyhounds when camping - but fancy dress for the hell of it

Last edited:

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
I mean i can understand pjs for greyhounds when camping.

Glad someone can?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I mean i can understand pjs for greyhounds when camping.

Glad someone can?

Ohhh yess they is very thin skinned dogs and feel the cold, just like they have outdoor coats and snoods for when its cold - normal dress for greyhounds

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Was thinking of adding Captain Pugwash's dog to this list after Joys attempt....

I think we should start a poll along the lines of "Should Joy be allowed to look after the Bitch again?" after the recent humiliation heaped upon her.(see the thread addressed to Hilldweller):RollEyes:

It has taken ages to knock the Bitch into shape but it looks like she will have ideas way above her station when I get back.:Angry:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Stuart, I know of a lady in Benidorm who would be only too pleased look after Coco and could put her up for a week or two.:winky:

Brisey.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Our dog just hates being snapped in her 'onesie'...

She had just had an op, and hated wearing the 'lamp shade' over her head, sooooooo......

Attachments

• pooch2.jpg
    pooch2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 43

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We 'dress' our dogs occasionally, but only for a good reason! ::bigsmile:

We used to go camping to car rallies and on one it was bl**dy freezing, we only had our little Piggy with us at the time and we had to man the club stand so were sat for hours on end. As there was a car boot sale nearby we went to see if we could get her a blanket or something but instead got her a couple of lovely baby grows ... she was a snug as a bug and certainly encouraged people to come to the stand ... and join the club!!! We also used them for her over the years when we went away over Christmas in the camper too to keep her warm overnight.

We've also dressed them up for other practical reasons ... Lily for example had her first heat just after we'd had new carpets laid throughout! :Doh: As she loved dressing up (yes really, her previous owner a 3 year old used to dress her up all the time!) we got a couple of baby vests and and placed a disposable sanitary towel in them which saved any mess - it worked a treat so long as we remembered to take the vests off before she went in the garden! She also has a very fine/thin coat so feels the cold quite badly so we often put a t-shirt on her to keep her cosy ... as soon as she sees one she comes running to put it on!::bigsmile:

Lily also has a kiddies towel with a hood which she likes to be dried with ... :Blush:

To take this further, we also used to carry one of our dogs in a baby papoose as he couldn't walk very far sometimes but at least it meant he got out with the rest of us.

Attachments

• Lily vest 1.jpg
    Lily vest 1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Lily vest 2.jpg
    Lily vest 2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Midge in back-pack.jpg
    Midge in back-pack.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Lily being dried.jpg
    Lily being dried.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 33

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
poor pets,
how would their owners like to be humiliated by their pets if that was possible

I mean i can understand pjs for greyhounds when camping - but fancy dress for the hell of it

... humiliation by pet is possible ... like them getting caught short and doing a dump in the middle of the pavement (yes I clean it up)! :Blush:

... or jumping into the wrong camper when they've just been in the sea so are really soggy ...

... or staring at animated chickens in a shop window and refusing to budge because she thinks they're real ....

... or having a hissy fit and refusing to come in the camper at all ...

Attachments

• i am staying here.jpg
    i am staying here.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 22
  • chickens.jpg
    chickens.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 23
  • no I do not want to go in the van.jpg
    no I do not want to go in the van.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Trying to be relatively sensible. Our dog groomer has told us of a local firm that make coats with built in harnesses and some with a bit of bling.
http://pawberry.co.uk/

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
... we did bury one of our dogs alive once on a beach on the Isle of Wight whilst we went for a paddle in the sea ... :Smile:

Attachments

• midge brolly cropped.jpg
    midge brolly cropped.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 13

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Met this doggy on holiday in Germany and though you might like it! He has a harness to attach him to his owner so he can't fall off!!! ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• P6226223.jpg
    P6226223.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 14
  • P6226224.jpg
    P6226224.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 15

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I don't know whether I should admit this but ..... :RollEyes:

I've made our dogs some mini-duvets .... complete with covers. :Blush:

They've been using them on a night for the last week and I must say it certainly stops them pottering about so much as they are nice and snug ... much better than blankets.:thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I don't know whether I should admit this but ..... :RollEyes:

I've made our dogs some mini-duvets .... complete with covers. :Blush:

They've been using them on a night for the last week and I must say it certainly stops them pottering about so much as they are nice and snug ... much better than blankets.:thumb:

Minx, I have taken an old sleeping bag and am making it into a doggy sleeping bag for Coco.... not that once she goes back to her owner I guess it will be obsolete.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back