Top gear presenters banned from driving (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
While both had thought that the standard French motorway speed limit of 130km/h (81mph) applied, it turned out they were driving along a stretch which was restricted to 90km/h (56mph).
caught doing 141 and 143 km/h (88 and 89mph) respectively
So the fact that they were in a lower speed zone is immaterial because they were still travelling above the limit anyway.

Not that we should expect high profile TV presenters to set an example to the young of course :Doh:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
A pair of Billy Hunts who are paid outrageous salaries for being opinionated :Angry::Angry:

Should have put em both in the slammer for a night or two LOL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
There but for the grace of God, go I

I am sure we have all done it somewhere.

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
I love them. Too many grey faced people in the world today. Met loads in campervans in the past three months on our first Euro tour. Cheer up for Gods sake, you'll all be dead soon!!!!:Eeek:

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Sorry to be a grump

Posted more to warn people of the problem

if stopped in foreign lands

Ie : licence removed and banned immediately
Plus on the spot fine
It seemed a bit harsh in some respects ( immediate ban and licence tugged)
Meaning no onward travel

But saying that speeding isn't to encouraged at any time

Just happened to be they from top gear

That I quite enjoy watching.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
OK, Form a queue....all those that have never travelled over the speed limit, give em what for..:Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A lot of folk seem to muddle up the tv persona with the real folk..

Having met both of the guys in question I would be very happy if I had the chance to become proper friends of theirs.

I appreciate it is hard to believe ( esp in the case of Clarkson ) but really, they are ok people :thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
OK, Form a queue....all those that have never travelled over the speed limit, give em what for..:Smile:

queue starts here :thumb::thumb::thumb: I have never illegally exceeded the speed limit.

Donkeys years ago when I did my police driving course I had real sgt major type. Used to scare the living daylights out of me. His words have stayed with me over the years. You're no good to anyone if you dont get to the call safely. You end up being a hindrance and causing more paperwork and problems for everyone else.

I cant stand Jeremy Clarkson hope they keep his licence forever. Met him once and found him obnoxious and condescending.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
If as claimed they have taken his driving licence, is he legally allowed to drive?

I somehow doubt if it would be the normal action of the police, did Clarkeson or other one wind them up?

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
queue starts here :thumb::thumb::thumb: I have never illegally exceeded the speed limit.

Donkeys years ago when i did my police driving course i had real sgt major type. Used to scare the living daylights out of me. His words have stayed with me over the years. You're no good to anyone if you dont get to the call safely. You end up being a hindrance and causing more paperwork and problems for everyone else.

I cant stand jeremy clarkson hope they keep his licence forever. Met him once and found him obnoxious and condescending.

never ???

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Fast cars mega horsepower & an empty airfield to play on who else would not completely dick about like these three do on a weekly basis, Anyone who says they have not driven 7-8mph over the perceived speed limit is talking b*ll*cks

Clarkson for Prime Minister :thumb::thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's likely that many (most?) of us have crept above the speed limit from time to time - and some probably deliberately :Smile:

The point with Clarkson and Hammond, though, is that the positions they occupy carry with them an extra responsibility to act sensibly and professionally when on public roads.

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
Having met both of the guys in question I would be very happy if I had the chance to become proper friends of theirs.

Sorry I was with you re Susie Perry pictured sat astride your big un. :Eeek:
Even more impressed you being mates with film stars. :thumb:
But your street cred just flew out the window with that quote :ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
To further impress, or not... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Alan Davies is really lovely guy, Charley Boorman.. salt of the earth.. Fogerty.. errrr. best not say cos I might end up with a law suit !!
Joanna Lumley.. What a lovely lady she is.
Folk we have just met for a wee while include Rodney Bewes, Amy from Allo Allo, Bradley Walsh, Pete Stringfellow and quite a few others along the way

Lord knows how I end up knowing all these folk.. I think it is a case of know one and then sort of get introduced to others at parties and the like ::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Alan Davies is really lovely guy, Charley Boorman.. salt of the earth.. Fogerty.. errrr. best not say cos I might end up with a law suit !!
Folk we have just met for a wee while include Rodney Bewes, Amy from Allo Allo, Bradley Walsh, Pete Stringfellow and quite a few others along the way

Lord knows how I end up knowing all these folk.. I think it is a case of know one and then sort of get introduced to others at parties and the like ::bigsmile:

I can top that.

I have a signed rugby ball by Gareth Edwards when he opened a local garage in my town in the early 1970's.

He was an amatuer then so I think he came all that way out of the goodness of his heart.:winky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Lord knows how I end up knowing all these folk.. [HI]I think it is a case of know one and then sort of get introduced to others at parties and the like[/HI] ::bigsmile:

Or being a Groupie Tart? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::winky:

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years

Thing is regardless of whether they are nice or not Foggy is the only one in that list to have achieved anything worthwhile :roflmto:

Shall we start a name dropping thread :Smile:

I'll raise you having met most of the Royal family :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I can top that.

I have a signed rugby ball by Gareth Edwards when he opened a local garage in my town in the early 1970's.

He was an amatuer then so I think he came all that way out of the goodness of his heart.:winky:

I have a football programme, from a 1966 friendly match, signed by (amongst others) Albert Quixall, Roy Clarke, Freddie Pye (Mancunians will remember)

AND :Eeek: Stuart Hall :Eeek:

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
I can top that.

I played with the great J.P.R. Williams , unfortunately it was in the school playground not on the rugby field :cry:
and Gavin Henson is a cousin :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thing is regardless of whether they are nice or not Foggy is the only one in that list to have achieved anything worthwhile :roflmto:

Shall we start a name dropping thread :Smile:

I'll raise you having met most of the Royal family :thumb:

Errrr..

When I was a teenager I used to go out with an earls daughter.. !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back