Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Rang ADAC today to join as they had bee recommended to me and was told that they do not take UK members any more to contact UK breakdown services. Has anyone else had this problem?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I did hear that ADAC had fallen out with the AA, who service the UK members. Maybe this has something to do with it. The AA were losing a lot of business to ADAC so I can understand there stance on the matter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hmmm.... This would be awful
Nothing in the UK compares to ADAC...
All appears fine on their website though

Last edited:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We had reason to call Adac in Derbyshire last year. All went smoothly till AA got involved and screwed up totally. In the end Adac involved a private contractor to help us out AND offered us a hotel for the night ... I renewed 2 days ago, albeit in France. :Smile:

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
My ADAC membership is due for renewal next month and i have received a reminder from them. I know of 3 motorhomefun members who have joined with no problems in the last 3 weeks. try this phone number 004994152344.
:thumb:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
My ADAC membership is due for renewal next month and i have received a reminder from them. I know of 3 motorhomefun members who have joined with no problems in the last 3 weeks. try this phone number 004994152344.
:thumb:

Make that four, we renewed last week by phone, no issues raised.:thumb:

OP
OP
Ladylea

Ladylea

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Maybe they have stopped taking new members I will ring the other number and let you know the outcome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Rang ADAC today to join as they had bee recommended to me and was told that they do not take UK members any more to contact UK breakdown services. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hello Ladylea, telephone 0049 221 47 27 47 - ask for english speaker, they will put you straight through. Have just renewed ours 5 mins ago. We always pay (last four years) with a visa debit card - never been a problem. :thumb:

OP
OP
Ladylea

Ladylea

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Not good news my daughter who is fluent in German rang today for me and was told that from last week they have stopped taking any new UK members . It must be ok for renewals.:Angry:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Not good news my daughter who is fluent in German rang today for me and was told that from last week they have stopped taking any new UK members . It must be ok for renewals.:Angry:

Might be worth asking if ADAC will cover new members and not include the UK? Especially if you want to go to Morocco.

Beemer

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Lincolnshire & Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2 Years

Hi

Did you get any further with this?

I was intending to take out cover with ADAC this year so am now kicking myself for leaving it too late ......:cry:

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
hello I am still a member till15-5-2014 it cost 88 euro marjohn::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Ladylea

Ladylea

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Hi Beemer I think you have left it too late like me as they told my daughter who also rang for me she spoke in German to them that they were sorry but stopped taking any UK memberships as from last week but they seem to be renewing existing ones.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have to ask the question...Who is going to service the UK breakdowns from ADAC now they have fallen out with the AA ?. Or are members going to be just left to there own devices when they have a problem in the UK.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
I have to ask the question...Who is going to service the UK breakdowns from ADAC now they have fallen out with the AA ?. Or are members going to be just left to there own devices when they have a problem in the UK.

I expect they might have both agreed to continue with past contracts and stopped all new membership due to the AA loosing to many members to ADAC

You might also ask who is going to look after AA European cover that ADAC covered on behalf of the AA. :Eeek:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I expect they might have both agreed to continue with past contracts and stopped all new membership due to the AA loosing to many members to ADAC

You might also ask who is going to look after AA European cover that ADAC covered on behalf of the AA. :Eeek:

Having dumped both ADAC and the AA, its now of no consequence to me :Cool:. The AA have stopped servicing ADAC customers in the UK for the foreseeable future. Which has been openly reported on several forums and although I have been an ADAC member for several years that's why I decided not to renew my membership.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
The AA have stopped servicing ADAC customers in the UK for the foreseeable future. Which has been openly reported on several forums and although I have been an ADAC member for several years that's why I decided not to renew my membership.

It will be interesting to see who turns up when/if someone breaks down in the UK - we renewed our membership with adac yesterday.

Hope you are enjoying your time in Benidorm ::bigsmile:

Beemer

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Lincolnshire & Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2 Years
Having dumped both ADAC and the AA, its now of no consequence to me :Cool:. The AA have stopped servicing ADAC customers in the UK for the foreseeable future. Which has been openly reported on several forums and although I have been an ADAC member for several years that's why I decided not to renew my membership.

Could I ask who you now get your breakdown cover with ?

I elected not to have mine included with my insurance with the intention of joining ADAC. Now that that is not possible, I need to arrange cover before going abroad next month.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

I elected not to have mine included with my insurance with the intention of joining ADAC. Now that that is not possible, I need to arrange cover before going abroad next month.

Don't know who you insure with but they would probably have you back, I know saga do as when I insured I already had breakdown cover so didn't have it with them but when it ran out I just rang them and they added it for the rest of the policy at a pro rata reduced rate.:Smile:

OP
OP
Ladylea

Ladylea

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
When I found that I could not take out breakdown cover with ADAC I contacted Saga, green flag and AA. Green Flag only covers you for European cover for 91 days AA limit on size 7m max. Saga covers you for the year and no limit on size £93.95

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

I now have my breakdown cover with Saga as they also give my green card for Morocco.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
just got our renewal forms through from ADAC inviting us to remain with them for another 12 months

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back