Christmas list !!!! (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Hello, this my first posting, and waiting until April to collect our new Burstner ixeo 55 726g.
This is our first mh, so it seems a great idea for friends and family to buy us gifts for our mh for Christmas ( as opposed to socks and smellies) .sensible ideas please...

Also, I am researching a scooter to go in the garage, but having difficulty finding a 125 cc that will fit....also a ramp to get the scooter into the garage....any ideas ???

Thankyou, the challenge has been thrown down to you all.......I am sure you won't let me down !!!!

marymary

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
mid wales/shrops border
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Returning newbie..
Congrats!! Are you going to hibernate till it comes?? The waiting would finish me off I think....but then you have lots of time to play and plan!! Enjoy....:Smile:
Ps do you need everything for it??

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
It will be a long wait......so far we have a cork screw and 2 glasses.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Question to self ' why do I need a cork screw when we will be using wine boxes' ???? Silly me !!'

Upvote 0

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
If this was our 1st ever motorhome here would be our wish list

1. vanbitz alarm and tracker

2. luxury mattress topper

3. outdoor folding table and chairs

4. charcoal bbq - these fancy cadacs just dont give the same taste hehehehe

5. microwave thats works on 12v and mains

6. solar panels

7. camping tickets for all the motorhome shows

8. (but no1 for son and hubby) 12volt TV & Satellite system with 12v skybox

hope that helps

Upvote 0

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hello and welcome, congrats on your MH, there are loads of things you can fill your MH with (Natwest and I are discovering). Why not think outside the box? First on your list should be £10 to join this site (if you haven't already) it's full of great advice and jolly people.

I'm doing Mr mousy a hamper full of all things french, the aires book, french dictionary, Tom Tom, smelly cheese, wine ect, you could ask for a country you want to visit.

If your staying home, what are your interests? National trust membership, bird watching, real ale?..

:thumb:

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi and welcome,

if you intend going to europe the 2014 ACSI book and CD :thumb:

uk & eu sat nav:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Nobody will ever get thirsty in our mh.

We are lucky enough to have a sat nav built in, and solar panels and the tracker and alarm.
And I have already paid my £10 to this mad house....but I am learning from all the posts on this forum.

We just want to get out and about and to learn from our mistakes, and laugh at our stupidity, and then after a few trial nights away, drive onto ferry, and then let the fun begin......

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I suppose this means we have to bring our own drinking vessels?
:ROFLMAO:::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::winky:

We have a bucket Lesley, if you could just bring a box of straws? :ROFLMAO:

Are you leaving stuff in the MoHo or denuding the house each time you sally forth?

Crockery (or melaminery, whatever!) & more glasses LOL cutlery, kitchen knives, pots pans and utensils (where's the colander/carving knife/whisk/measuring jug ? - oh Damn ....) towels, tea towels, bedding, oven gloves, nailbrush, duplicate toothbrushes, pumice stone, back scratcher, manicure set, sewing kit, 'household' tools - one all purpose hammer, screwdrivers, Allen keys, spanners (not forgetting the essential GAS bottle one!) sockets, a junior hacksaw.

and the ubiquitous cuddly toy - a Motorhome Fun Teddy! :Smile:

Upvote 0
Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
my choices would be (as u have wine glasses already)

the first two are if not planning to be on hook up 240v all the time

extra leisure battery wired in
solar panel
levelling ramps
awning canopy tie down
refillable gas bottles ( just had ours done wish I had done it sooner)
sun loungers
europe road atlas
all the aires book
12 v tv dvd player

ooh I could go on forever:roflmto::Cool::RollEyes:

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
We have a bucket Lesley, if you could just bring a box of straws? :ROFLMAO:

Are you leaving stuff in the MoHo or denuding the house each time you sally forth?

Crockery (or melaminery, whatever!) & more glasses LOL cutlery, kitchen knives, pots pans and utensils (where's the colander/carving knife/whisk/measuring jug ? - oh Damn ....) towels, tea towels, bedding, oven gloves, nailbrush, duplicate toothbrushes, pumice stone, back scratcher, manicure set, sewing kit, 'household' tools - one all purpose hammer, screwdrivers, Allen keys, spanners (not forgetting the essential GAS bottle one!) sockets, a junior hacksaw.

and the ubiquitous cuddly toy - a Motorhome Fun Teddy! :Smile:

You forgot Gaffer Tape :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
A note book and pencil....

we always carry one and i write down things weve forgotten to bring or want to change or more importantly want to leave at home next time.

been doing it for years and still come home with a list :Doh:

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I have a ramp I will be putting in the classifieds. It came with the motorhome I have just bought along with the metal plate that fits in the garage that a scooter sits on . If you are interested pm me and I will email you some pictures..

Anne

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hotelman
Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Thank you all, I was hoping for ideas as per Stacetop, however I guess that a back scrubber is more important than a gas cylinder.... Thank you Sedge....

I will keep reading and learning and look forward to posting for more help, and therefore getting a mixture of sensible and also " funsters" replies...:Smile:

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I would google Vicaroius Books, and pick a selection if there informative books, there book of camp sites with sea views is a good one, plenty to choose from.

We like the microfibres towels and bath gowns light and good.

A good supply of rubber matting for putting on shelves to stop rattles and sliding around.

For us two good assist bikes are essential.

We always use china & crystal glasses as well as the ordinary glasses, somehow I just enjoy it better.

The list just goes on and on.

Upvote 0
Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
So exciting and as you have plenty of time start stocking up!!

Tea towels- I have forgotten them in the past

And I agree with the earlier post those microfiber towels are excellent. I think we have the giant ones (not that big) from mountain warehouse.

Decent knives for cutting bread meat etc

Does the van come with a spare tyre?? If not get one, we had a blow out on a tyre less than a week old so glad we had a spare!

We also try to carry kitchen foil, food bags, bin bags!

Bikes

Cadac

Outside table and chairs

Groundsheet

Good luck and keep writing lists!! I can't believe how much stuff we have in our van but for us without doubt the best thing was the solar panel and dual battery set up we have never run out of power. I have 12v chargers for most products and led lights. But we rarely especially in the uk use sites with electric. If you plan on using sites then it might not be necessary for you.

Enjoy planning!

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Not sure where to start with the list. Here are some of mine

• Ramps and bag to keep them in
  • Decent crockery, cutlery and pots and pans.
  • Hose and watering can for filling your tank
  • TV
  • Electric bikes to get out and about (we thought about a scooter but decided that was probably OTT)
  • Light and strong outside chairs (with footstools to convert to loungers) and table.
  • BBQ for cooking outside as often as possible. Some people like Cadacs but I prefer a real BBQ - a Weber (that will cause a stir!)
  • ACSI card and book if you are going to Europe outside of the peak season
  • Membership of the National Trust (that is what we have hinted at for this Xmas from our son)

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
some very sensible ideas already, but you do need to check weight limits of the garage and back axle before deciding what scooter will fit. by the time youve loaded the table, chairs, barbeque and other [STRIKE]crap[/STRIKE] i mean very useful stuff, then theres often little payload left

for your list, rolls and rolls of non slip matting is an essential to stop things rattling when driving. oh and a bluetooth hands free kit for your mobile and spare charger too

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
USB sockets for charging iPhones and iPads, as necessary.

I think the best 'accessory' is one you can't buy. It's an appetite and a sense of adventure to just get out and use (and enjoy!) your motorhome.

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Excuse me - it was a back SCRATCHER. Otherwise, you have to use a table fork attached to summat else with Oh yes - the aforementioned gaffer tape. But there again it's a motor vehicle so surely you'll automatically have gaffer tape LOL

(Tip from Hilldweller, always do try and purchase said tape in the same colour as all the plastic bumpers etc LOL)

I would have thought you would automatically have at least one gas cylinder and hopefully a hook up cable from new, if not levelling ramps too as a start-off prezzy from the dealer. Plus of course 6 or 12 months road tax and enough diesel to get somewhere reasonable. Actually sometimes 6 months tax is better cos otherwise at some point your insurance, road tax and MOT all run out at exactly the same moment which might be a bit of a shock to the bank account. I wouldn't be very impressed if a dealer didn't throw in some goodies when he's just collecting the profit on a new van !

Aaah - hosepipe plus a bucket and a flexible funnel for when you arrive at your favourite aire and discover they've changed the taps to square ones and none of your numerous hose connectors you've bought over the years to come fit ... yes watering cans are useful for this purpose but you can use a bucket for so many other things too - like cleaning the road-kill bugs off the front. Yes - you CAN clean the Luton too with that bucket and the extending handle off your landing net and the dustpan brush gaffer taped to the end of it! Oh yes - you'll need a dustpan and brush.

Plus I should say, for EVER whenever I've been on holiday as an adult, I am never happy until I find out what I've forgotten. Because I always do forget something!

Three notable things we forgot since we've been motorhoming have been

a) we went to France and when we got to Cap d'Agde nearly 2 days later I said to Pete errr, I haven't brought any more clean knickers ! -just the pair I was wearing when we set off and the ONLY other pair still in the van from last time, which I wore today! ::bigsmile:
and

b) I am diabetic and am hooked up to an insulin pump. All my medication and pump peripherals were in, glucometer and strips, spare lancets, boxes of cannulas. We set off along the M6 for the Tunnel and just before Rugby I said Come off here and go back home please. Why? I'd put the pump on the bedside table whilst having my shower before leaving - and it was still there! :ROFLMAO:

c) we recently went up to Blackpool to have a look at the lights as we hadn't been for donkeys years, and deliberately chose a CL with hardstanding and EHU, paying more for this privilege of course - and when we got there Pete went out to hook up, only to discover we had no leads in at all. The previous time we'd used the van was on a green field rally and we'd said we'd take our gazebo so a lot came out of the garage to accommodate it, and we didn't take the leads that time as we wouldn't need them ..... :Doh:

Upvote 0

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
There is a list here: -
Broken Link Removed

However, after reading Jenny's (sedge) post we would say make yourself a computerised check list for loading the 'van and print off a copy for each time you go away.

We also have a list for what to do when we arrive on site (e.g. connect hook-up, gas on, fridge on 240v/gas, water heater on electric/gas, zig on for 12v etc etc) and a similar one for when we leave.

We have lists for everything! ::bigsmile:

Hope you have many happy travels in your new motorhome.

Regards
Rob & Val

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back