Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Go to Hitlers Eagle Nest,Berchtesgardenrland ??,must do,spaces for M/homes to park,also Konnigsee ?? lake, the boats leave the quay every xx mins,if you go early in the day,you can hop off one,do a walk,come back to where you disembarked,jump on the next one,(On and off,all the way around) and y
ou can even take the,"Hund!"
They stop one of the ferries,in the middle of the lake,and blow a trumpity thing,and it echoes all around... Magic our Morris !(A blast from the past ::bigsmile:)
Tea Bag.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
look up vignette for Austria you may or may not need one dependant on which roads you intend to use..

if you are taking a dog look up tick borne encephalitis.

fantastic country, bit expensive in some places:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Austria is lovely and so picturesque.
Take a look at this site - it is honestly the best site I have stayed on (so far).
http://www.natterersee.com/urlaub-am-campingplatz-in-tirol-en.php

Also very dog friendly - we took our dog on the cable car and they didn't even charge for her.

With regards to vignette - yes you will need one but it only costs around 9 euros and lasts 10 days.

Attachments

• Natterer See 005 small.jpg
    Natterer See 005 small.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Natterer See 028 small.jpg
    Natterer See 028 small.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 21

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Have to agree lovely place and well worth the visit, if your over 3.5t you might need a go box if I remember correctly.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Go Box - Austria, Switzerland and Germany

Oooh! Thanks for reminding me! This wasn't an issue for us last year as our mh was under 3.5 tonne but we've since changed it and we're over now so will need a Go Box. There still seem to be a lot of confusion over where you can get these and particularly how to get a refund if you don't use all the preloaded euros. Also, if you want to travel through Switzerland, Germany and Austria is there just one box you can buy or do you need 3??!!

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Oooh! Thanks for reminding me! This wasn't an issue for us last year as our mh was under 3.5 tonne but we've since changed it and we're over now so will need a Go Box. There still seem to be a lot of confusion over where you can get these and particularly how to get a refund if you don't use all the preloaded euros. Also, if you want to travel through Switzerland, Germany and Austria is there just one box you can buy or do you need 3??!!

Switzerland: Vignette - buy it at any garage approaching border or at the border around €30.

Germany: PAYG. No boxes

Austria: Vignette for under 3.5T We just got a 10 day vignette for €8.70 at garage. Extra toll from Innsbruck thru Brenner Pass €8.50. They didn't even look for the Vignette or a box! I'd get a Vignette & plead 3.5T!!!:Blush:

Good luck

Billkce

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
What is a Go Box ???

See here - same system applies in Switzerland and several Central / Eastern European countries. Not sure if there is one box to suit all countries; I would like to know the answer to that question. **

http://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/embassy/london/practical-advice/general-information/toll-system.html

** Just answered my own question in part. It seems there is interoperability with Switzerland but maybe not with countries further east. It does not apply to motorhomes in Germany.
Link Removed

Last edited:

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Looks like they will be places I will not be going then.

Is Germany the same?

Any idea how much per km they charge?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Looks like they will be places I will not be going then.

Is Germany the same?

Any idea how much per km they charge?

If you click on my second link above, then select "Paying the Toll" there is a section on toll rates. It depends on the number of axles, engine emissions and which road. Assuming yours is a three-axle van with a Euro IV or V engine, the standard rate for most highways is €0.238 per km plus VAT at 20% so that makes it €28.56 per 100 km.

The toll in Germany, as in the proposed French system, applies only to goods vehicles (see my last point in the earlier post).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back