I Am Desparately In Need Of Funster Help... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Seven months ago (April?) I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone/tablet (phablet) fully aware that Samsung were bringing out the newer Note 3 version in September.

I decided I couldn't wait and irrationally bought it from a normal phone shop at a top, top price. Never mind saving loads of money buying online. I walked out of the shop clutching the device in my sweaty hand.

I have used it every single day since and it has been a life changer for me these past months.

Here's where I need Funster support and therapy.

The Note 3 is in the shops now and each one winks at me as I past the windows. I swear I can hear a voice whisper "Buy me, buy me, buy me... go on you know you want to. ..."

It is definitely better than the Note 2 in several ways but not nearly in enough ways to justify the hundreds and hundreds of euros it woukd cost.

Please, please talk sense to me and show me the errors and stupidity of my ways...

Talk me out of it...

Please...

I need help...

The new phone only has a better screen, more RAM, faster processor, better camera, more useful S Pen features and the capability of linking with the Gear electronic watch... I don't need these things...

...getting the latest footy scores on the screen of your watch... I don't need that...

Help...

Please help me...

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Buy Frankie the Gold bracelet::bigsmile:

........then you may not want to spend more money:Smile:

You know it makes sense:Smile:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Look, I am a computer...must have the latest...sort of guy. What I say counts!

Dont bother fighting it, it will win!!! go get it now! then wait for the new one to come out and start resisting all over again!!:ROFLMAO::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Give Frankie the "2" but put it in the nice shiny new box that your "3" came in::bigsmile: Win-Win:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
[HI]Give Frankie the "2" [/HI] but put it in the nice shiny new box that your "3" came in::bigsmile: Win-Win:thumb:

I would have got banned for that:ROFLMAO:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
It'll be as difficult as trying to get you to see the error of your ways in supporting Man City, you'll buy it anyway but just make sure the Note 4 is not already in the pipeline. :roflmto:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
51LKLuTbF4L._.jpg

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Great thinking Jim.

That's why you are our Leader...

Well then WE can't go together to Germany to buy me a van!

I don't even know why you're asking ....I know you're going to say again you've been a naughty boy again in less than a week! Forget about the bracelet and buy the B****y thingy you're dreaming of! And by the way don't even think about giving me the 2, you know I won't use a eighth of its possibilities , I ain't good at that and have no time at all to play with it, I do prefer to travel instead! Sell it and get some money back so we can have some time together ! Now you've got my opinion....Tssssss Men ....!!!!

BTW thanks Lesley for your input LOL , but you see , I don't give a d*** to jewels as well, and JJ boutht me one very nice bracelet already that babies helped me to brake:cry: I'm useless.... Now ...they wouldn't brake a ring would they?:roflmto::roflmto::winky:

Oh come on my Prince , give yourself a nice Christmas present and forget about the rest of the world. As I always say: No one will be in your shoes really , crying when you feel sad , and laughing when you're happy, YOU only can do this! So be happy when you can!

Now ... back to housework:RollEyes:

Frankie Froggy:Cool::winky:

Last edited:

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Seven months ago (April?) I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone/tablet (phablet) fully aware that Samsung were bringing out the newer Note 3 version in September.

I decided I couldn't wait and irrationally bought it from a normal phone shop at a top, top price. Never mind saving loads of money buying online. I walked out of the shop clutching the device in my sweaty hand.

I have used it every single day since and it has been a life changer for me these past months.

The Note 3 is in the shops now and each one winks at me as I past the windows. I swear I can hear a voice whisper "Buy me, buy me, buy me... go on you know you want to. ..."

It is definitely better than the Note 2 in several ways but not nearly in enough ways to justify the hundreds and hundreds of euros it woukd cost.

Please, please talk sense to me and show me the errors and stupidity of my ways...

Talk me out of it...

Please...

I need help...

The new phone only has a better screen, more RAM, faster processor, better camera, more useful S Pen features and the capability of linking with the Gear electronic watch... I don't need these things...

...getting the latest footy scores on the screen of your watch... I don't need that...

Help...

Please help me...

Right, the first thing to do is calm down and start to think rationally, next is to listen to me, in a former life I was a docker so you know you can trust me.
Lie on my couch and empty your mind of all things IT, that’s right, relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.:secret:
You have had this fixation with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone/tablet only recently and the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone/tablet was all that you wanted before seeing the note 3, it did everything you wanted it to do in the 7 months you have had it. On seeing the note 3 you then became fixated on it, what we professionals call “must have” syndrome:Sad:.
You have only two courses of action, go out and buy the note 3 and thus succumb to the fixation or disregard the “must have” attitude (and waste your money more wisely) by steeling yourself (possibly with some regret:Sad:) and wait for note 4 to be released (this will have even more features you do not need, surely this is worth waiting for?)
Advice: ~
Avoid shops that sell the note 3, instead go to your local Aldi’s or Lidl’s and buy tins of corned beef and other consumables for the MH larder, make wine high on the list.
Remember there are certain comforts to be had from strong drink:thumb:.
No need to thank me, that's what we pro's are here for.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
This probably wont help ::bigsmile:

I have the Note3. Put simply it's brilliant.

I'm not usually bothered by which mobile I have in the slightest but the Note3 really is a bit of a leap in technology in my opinion.

The screen is great - even in sunlight. I have it running sat-nav when out in the van and also monitoring my email. The screen is so clear I can read the email when the phone is still on it's windscreen mount.

Probably it's best feature is being able to multi-screen (for me).
I use it for work and being able to cut and paste from one window to another with both in view is really useful.

I could go on and on but better not.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Not wanting to throw a spanner in the works....but the note 4 may not be more than 6 months away and if any of the rumoured specs are right...its going to be one hell of a device

and then put you in another quandary:roflmto:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Be a good boy JJ and wait for the latest one with the newest technology to come out

That way you have a choice, the current one will be far cheaper so you can save money and still buy it or you can have the latest version

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Smug it maybe but I am sitting on a Sim only deal with my S2 waiting for something that floats my boat. Is this it.:Smile: You could always update your two with a Android 4.4 KitKat update.:winky:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

Talk me out of it...

Please...

I need help...

Help...

Please help me...

MR JJ
resistance is futile

go bite an apple

then you could keep up to date

with currant afairs

and land a little honey with a new phone

oh what a peach of an idea

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Mr Wissel... did you have a Note 2 before or is the Note 3 you have your first phablet?

I didn't bother with the Note2 tbh JJ - I stuck with my old S2 for ages.

I bought the Note3 for it's multi-screen function. It's also really useful to be able to add a calculator on part of the screen and still be able to use the window behind.

It wasn't the big screen or the S-Pen I was really after, although after having the Note3 for a few hours my old S2 seemed way to small and I now use the S-Pen all the time.

Without knowing what you use your phone for it's hard to say whether the Note3 is worth the extra money. There are loads of YouTube video's comparing the 2 and 3, maybe that would help your decision?

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thanks for the reply Mr Wissel...

I believe I have most of the multi screen features on the 2... however the increased functions of the S Pen look interesting... and... and... and... :ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO:

PS. I spend hours looking at the reviews and YouTube clips... Check out Lucid Mike's YouTube Channel...

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
JJ, stop it now. Phones are for TALKING to people on. Nothing else.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
JJ, stop it now. Phones are for TALKING to people on. Nothing else.

So So TRUE, I have just retired my old Nokia 6310 and bought another small Nokia, ok its got a camera and can sort off access the net, big deal. Would not have changed it if it could have connected to the Bluetoof in new car.

What did we do before mobiles were invented, use a penny in the call box, nowadays nine people out of ten walking in London have a mobile stuck on their ear yacking about nothing ........................

Peter

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
So So TRUE, I have just retired my old Nokia 6310 and bought another small Nokia, ok its got a camera and can sort off access the net, big deal. Would not have changed it if it could have connected to the Bluetoof in new car.

What did we do before mobiles were invented, [HI]use a penny in the call box,[/HI] nowadays nine people out of ten walking in London have a mobile stuck on their ear yacking about nothing ........................

Peter

Use a Penny in the call box! Well you must be very, very old, I can remember 3 p or even 4p......but a penny! Blimmey, how are you still breathing? :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011

Talk me out of it...

Please...

I need help...

Help...

Please help me...

I also have the Note 2, great piece of kit. Wait until Note 4 to really see some changes that make it a good buy.
Steve
:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It is definitely better than the Note 2 in several ways

Simples.

Write 3 on a piece of tape, stick on phone.

Carry on using your 3 and see how often you curse and say "this 3 is broken, it will not do .........".

For years now improvements to all electronics have been more hype to sell new ones than real progress. Who in here has a 3D TV that never gets used in 3D ? Who has a smart TV only to tire of waving their arms at it when one click of a remote would do the job.

Buy buying the effervescent Frankie a small piece of gold, this will bring untold joy to both of you.

Wait for S4 it just might be worth it.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid

What did we do before mobiles were invented, [HI]use a penny in the call box[/HI], nowadays nine people out of ten walking in London have a mobile stuck on their ear yacking about nothing ........................

Peter

don't know about use a penny in a phone box... from memory they smelt like several tramps has spent a penny in them

i was wondering recently just how many lives have been saved by using mobile phones since their invention. no more searching for a phone box to call an ambulance or the fire brigade or banging on strangers doors to get help

as for the S2 to S3 upgrade, I wouldn't bother too much just wait till the old one starts failing and then get the latest. if you really must have the very latest now, sell the S2 on eBay for a good price to offset the cost. plenty of people looking for such things that cant afford new. and you would be happy knowing your self indulgence was helping somebody else:thumb:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Give Frankie the "2" but put it in the nice shiny new box that your "3" came in::bigsmile: Win-Win:thumb:

Are you aware of these little tricks he uses Sian ?:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back