will this effect 3.5+ motorhomes? (1 Viewer)

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
With the new regs. on trailers and this and what else to come, apart from more expense.
Steve.
ps
to all those who like attacking posters with ' more facts please' this is a clipping from the horse & hound mag. and may be only of concern to horse box drivers but that would be discrimination so I guess it will be anyone?

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 153
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I seem to recall this came up before on here? It only relates to goods vehicles not leisure vehicles. I think perhaps horse boxes will be classed as goods vehicles because they are used for transporting product rather than just being a leisure vehicle?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I seem to recall this came up before on here? It only relates to goods vehicles not leisure vehicles. I think perhaps horse boxes will be classed as goods vehicles because they are used for transporting product rather than just being a leisure vehicle?

A horsebox in France is food transport!::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Carry a motorcucle and you are a goods vehicle, its the thin end of the wedge and the beginning of the end.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xT59cIZdhk"]I'm A Free Born Man Of The Travelling People Liam Clancy 23 28 - YouTube[/ame]

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
How is the tax passed on to the shipper?

The French Customs Code states that the increase in the cost of transport due to this tax must be borne by the customer company, and the amount charged for this tax must appear on the invoice.

Now that makes a total mockery of the EU.

I have been a supporter of the EU ( in general though there are more and more specifics which are turning my opinion ) but this is probably one step too far

We now have to pay the french govt a tax on any goods that come through the country

Tell you what folks.. they stick the EU and specifically the french govt where the sun does not shine ( yesssss... I will admit I am a little miffed ( !!!!! ) right now )

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
PHGV, is the term applied to motorhomes GEO has posted in the past that carrying a motorcycle is in fact carrying goods as it is not something pusuant to the use and enjoyment within the motorhome, in fact strictly speaking tables and chairs are goods for use outside. Whilst there is the slightest doubt then there is room for legislation to fine you. Get it to court and lets get it defined once and for all:thumb::thumb::thumb: The DVLA have no idea what their rules mean and VOSA make it up as they go along how is Joe Bloggs supposed to know whats what. you will be saying "A" frames are legal next:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Sorry lads I'm bored.:RollEyes:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
A car boot full of your weekly shop is carrying goods. It doesn't make your car a van.

Yes I understand the MOT rules about 'living van' and 'motorhome', are the French going to search every vehicle on their roads?:Eeek:

We mustn't confuse MOT rules with taxation classes and with what the French define as a passenger carrying vehicle, exempt from their new tax.

Their website is very explicit on this point.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
A car boot full of your weekly shop is carrying goods. It doesn't make your car a van.

Yes I understand the MOT rules about 'living van' and 'motorhome', are the French going to search every vehicle on their roads?:Eeek:

W[HI]e mustn't confuse MOT rules with taxation classes an[/HI]d with what the French define as a passenger carrying vehicle, exempt from their new tax.

Their website is very explicit on this point.

i believe you are correct this is the key. their web site and all its contacts are geared towards company owned HGV's and fleet vehicles.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
You are still in vehicle designed to carry passengers, so I wouldn't have thought the French will be quite that pedantic.
And if they are, visit Germany instead!:thumb:
Good idea:thumb:
Just need to find a way of getting to germany without going through france that won't cost more than the tax.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Goods vehicle = vehicle carrying goods 'for reward', NOT vehicles carrying equipment for personal use/pleasure/leisure etc.

Today we used the MH to carry a staircase, a heater, a 100m roll of electric cable, 14 bottles of wine, 3 bags of food/sundries, a large bundle of willow whips, 2 bicycles, a goose and various other things. This does not make it a goods vehicle as we were not being paid to transport them.

:Smile:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
its road pricing it will be here soon, if anyone realy belives all the average speed cameras that have been installed are for safety think again

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Goods vehicle = vehicle carrying goods 'for reward', NOT vehicles carrying equipment for personal use/pleasure/leisure etc.

Today we used the MH to carry a staircase, a heater, a 100m roll of electric cable, 14 bottles of wine, 3 bags of food/sundries, a large bundle of willow whips, 2 bicycles, a goose and various other things. This does not make it a goods vehicle as we were not being paid to transport them.

:Smile:

whether paid or not, your stuff or not, your load means you are carrying goods or burden in the eyes of the law.

anything not immediately condusive to the vehicles purpose...ie: camping...becomes carried goods....including a bike on a rack.

in reality....who gives a ####....certainly not 99% of those who do carry stuff.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
this was published yesterday in ITS international.com

14 November 2013

How does France’s HGV eco-tax suspension affect RUC professionals?

First publishedon www.ITSInternational.com

Following violent protests from HGV drivers in France, the country's planned introduction of their distance-based eco-tax scheme has now been suspended. French Finance Minister Pierre Moscovici has announced plans to renegotiate the contract concluded with Italian-led consortium Ecomouv, charged with implementing the country's controversial heavy goods vehicle (HGV) eco-tax, to minimise the cost of the levy for taxpayers in France.

He emphasised that although the HGV tax has indeed been suspended in the wake of ongoing violent demonstrations in Brittany, the intention is still that the levy will be introduced.

everything i have read on this topic refers completely to Haulage vehicles only.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
this was published yesterday in ITS international.com

14 November 2013

How does France’s HGV eco-tax suspension affect RUC professionals?

First publishedon www.ITSInternational.com

Following violent protests from HGV drivers in France, the country's planned introduction of their distance-based eco-tax scheme has now been suspended. French Finance Minister Pierre Moscovici has announced plans to renegotiate the contract concluded with Italian-led consortium Ecomouv, charged with implementing the country's controversial heavy goods vehicle (HGV) eco-tax, to minimise the cost of the levy for taxpayers in France.

He emphasised that although the HGV tax has indeed been suspended in the wake of ongoing violent demonstrations in Brittany, the intention is still that the levy will be introduced.

everything i have read on this topic refers completely to Haulage vehicles only.

the UK's haulage industry could learn from the French......we pussy-foot with a few trucks holding up traffic as a protest...the French completely block all major routes bringing the country to a halt.

in this instance violent action, what the hell...it worked didnt it and got the scheme suspended.
you can read that as cancelled..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back