Camper parking at Malaga Airport ?? (1 Viewer)

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We are booking flights for son and grandson to come out to Spain for Christmas. :Smile::Smile:

Don't fancy the stress of Gibraltar ( if the Spanish close the border we'd be stuffed!!!) :Eeek: so we're booking flights to Malaga.

So... my question is ...... is there any short term parking without a height barrier at Malaga Airport ???

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If it was me I would park a little way from the airport (5 or 10 mins).., Get them to call once they are out the building... I flew from Malaga this year but dont remember the layout, should not be an issue to drive in and collect at arrivals, after all the coaches do it... It's usually only the car parks that have height barriers...

Thats how i have tended to do it whenever i have done it in the motorhome..

Guess someone else may be along with a bit more knowledge of the airport.. There is a storage place that also allows overnight parking only a few minutes away.. Autocaravanners, or something like that.

Last edited:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry don't know about the parking but what about a taxi to you? I flew in and out last month, plenty of taxis just outside arrivals. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Try and get on too google earth.
You can then scan the area around the airport
I do it for my trips to places new to me
A great tool to save you wasted. Miles

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Try and get on too google earth.
You can then scan the area around the airport
I do it for my trips to places new to me
A great tool to save you wasted. Miles

I always go on Google Earth myself and yes it is a very useful tool ... however..... it is not always up to date and the last time we went to Malaga Aiport ( Dec 2009 I think) it was being re-developed.
What I am looking for is some up to date info.:Smile:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
There is a huge shopping mall/leisure area near airport called Plaza Mayor with no parking restriction. On the mall is a rail station which runs INTO airport. Park van, let train take the strain, it is only one stop.

http://www.malagaairport.eu/airport/airport-trains.php

Regards, Bryan

Last edited:
OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
There is a huge shopping mall/leisure area near airport called Plaza Mayor with no parking restriction. On the mall is a rail station which runs INTO airport. Park van, let train take the strain, it is only one stop.

http://www.malagaairport.eu/airport/airport-trains.php

Regards, Bryan

That sounds interesting Bryan!
We have used the train from the airport before ( about 2004 I think!) very easy!

Whereabouts is the shopping mall? East? West? North? We'll be coming from the west ( Costa de la Luz). We don't know that area very well as we're 2½ hrs drive from Malaga! :Smile:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Plaza Mayor is to the west of Malaga. Presuming you will come on E15/A7 passing Marbella/Fuengirola/Benalmadena etc. Just after Torremolinos road splits..... take A340 in direction Malaga. Look out for slip road PARADOR DE GOLF! Leave road, drive down slip and turn left under motorway. Plaza Mayor is ahead of you. Take first entrance into PM and you will have petrol station to your left and Midas to your right. At small roundabout turn left follow this road 200 metres to station. You might have to park in main car park and walk to station as parking beside it is limited and always packed.

Good luck, if more info wanted, please ask

Regards, Bryan

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Hi,

We are at Cabopino for the winter & are in & out of Malaga Airport all the time.

There is a very good new access road to departures (SALIDAS) and I recommend that you do as advised & park up close to the airport. The A7/MA20 are very fast roads & the AEROPUERTO is very well signposted in yellow.

There are a couple of petrol stations on the A7 which you can pull into & wait.

When your family has landed & GOT their luggage, get them to phone you whilst you are parked. Then drive to DEPARTURES ( SALIDAS) & ask them to wait there to meet you where people drop off their passengers.

They will have to go upstairs from ARRIVALS...BUT ITS MUCH EASIER ACCESS.

You can drive past where the cars park temporarily & pull over about 100m further on. No-one will hassle you there whilst you get them on board.

Good luck

Billkce

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Just drive right up to the airport until you see all the car rental places in the slip road on the right hand side, when you get to the roundabout turn round it into the slip road where there is plenty of parking. 5 mins walk to terminal, easy peasy.
Phil

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Just drive right up to the airport until you see all the car rental places in the slip road on the right hand side, when you get to the roundabout turn round it into the slip road where there is plenty of parking. 5 mins walk to terminal, easy peasy.
Phil

More chances of winning the lottery than being able to park a Mh in that road.

Regards, Bryan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back