Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Trying to put the dish up and am confronted by this message on the panel along with a flashing red light !:cry:

V motor blocked !:Doh:

Any ideas, or suggest someone in the Shrewsbury area who could fix it !:Sad:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Trying to put the dish up and am confronted by this message on the panel along with a flashing red light !:cry:

V motor blocked !:Doh:

Any ideas, or suggest someone in the Shrewsbury area who could fix it !:Sad:

Give this chap a call at Oyster Names Anthony 01858 575928 :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
Well travelled ex tugger.
Is it possible that it did not retract 100% last time it was "parked". If this was the case then until it's reset it cannot do anything.

There is a way around this that requires 2 people, 1 on the roof and 1 on the controls. On the roof slacken the 2 bolts that attach the dish to the mechanism. When the dish is set to open on the control box, the person on the roof raises the dish manually. Once this has happened press the main switch inside to stop the action.

Meanwhile put a small piece of wood approx 5mm thick under where the arm and dish come to rest. Switch the unit back on and it should open up properly, without tightening the dish nuts retract the dish and allow it to come to rest on the piece of wood. Reset the dish to its original retracted position and tighten the nuts. If this was the problem, job done.

I assume that you have removed the main fuse from the oyster control box (it's normally red) counted to 5 and refitted it. This sets everything back to the default factory settings so you'll need to retune. This works in lots of Oyster faults.

To avoid any possibility of flack. I'm no expert on Oyster or any other Satelite systems but have seen these procedures carried out with success. I accept no responsibility but you could save yourself a few bob.

Daiboy

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Is it possible that it did not retract 100% last time it was "parked". If this was the case then until it's reset it cannot do anything.

There is a way around this that requires 2 people, 1 on the roof and 1 on the controls. On the roof slacken the 2 bolts that attach the dish to the mechanism. When the dish is set to open on the control box, the person on the roof raises the dish manually. Once this has happened press the main switch inside to stop the action.

Meanwhile put a small piece of wood approx 5mm thick under where the arm and dish come to rest. Switch the unit back on and it should open up properly, without tightening the dish nuts retract the dish and allow it to come to rest on the piece of wood. Reset the dish to its original retracted position and tighten the nuts. If this was the problem, job done.

I assume that you have removed the main fuse from the oyster control box (it's normally red) counted to 5 and refitted it. This sets everything back to the default factory settings so you'll need to retune. This works in lots of Oyster faults.

To avoid any possibility of flack. I'm no expert on Oyster or any other Satelite systems but have seen these procedures carried out with success. I accept no responsibility but you could save yourself a few bob.

Daiboy

Exactly the case, it's not down fully, just a couple of inches out !!:cry:

Had a look at the control panel and can't see how to get in..:Do

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Many thanks one and all !!

Finally found the fuse, but no joy there !:Doh:
I am not up to scrambling around the roof at my tender age so a trip to Jackson Satellites is called for to have it done under the guarantee and have it re jigged for the new satellites coming on stream !

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
new transponder fixes unlikely to be completed before Christmas so no rush.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back