womblevra

Free Member
Dec 10, 2012
Desborough, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
First one we looked only had two seatbelts.

So going to look at another one with four "proper" belts.

We thought our hobby was well built, but these things seem to be very highly specced for their age, and built to last.

Alde heating, elevating floor, tons of storage space, and a humongous garage.

Whats the payload with this van?

It's got four belted seats and a drop down bed.

Were going from an 07 Hobby 750 to an 05 Charisma, so it does feel strange buying an older van for more money!

Any tips, known faults to look for?

Cheers

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Is it on the Merc 616? Only thing Ive found is that its not the most frugal van Ive had when it comes to fuel.:ROFLMAO:

Where/who you buying it from?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Enjoy - we have the Concerto which is a tad shorter but the chassis and engine are the same.
Concorde only do the Centurion now on a Merc Arctros which is mega money. All the other current modes are on Fiat, Iveco (Fiat) or MAN.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Were going from an 07 Hobby 750 to an 05 Charisma, so it [HI]does feel strange buying an older van for more money!
[/HI]

Cheers

We were going to do the same last month and set our hearts on an Esterel, so traveled over 300 miles return trip to view it and do the deal with a dealer who shall remain nameless.

Unfortunately, we were so very disappointed when we arrived to find the Esterel presented in such a poor condition that we decided to stick with our Autocruise which we love.

Sorry I can't help with any advice on the Charisma as I've never been in one but they do have a good reputation and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Congratulations if you buy it, as there aren't many who have such highly rated motorhomes.

I can't help with views on Concordes, sadly, but we did switch from a newer to an older model when we got our current van. Previous one was a bought-new 2008 Chausson Allegro on a 58 plate, which we px-ed for our Hymer B544. The difference in build quality was amazing; the Hymer, which by then had 25,000 miles on the clock and was 5 years old looked brand new alongside the nearly 3 year old Chausson which had only 13000 miles on it but hadn't worn nearly as well.

Your Concorde should be even better, so good luck with it.

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We did the same, traded in a swift for an older Autosleeper.
Amazing the difference in the build quality.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We were going to do the same last month and set our hearts on an Esterel, so traveled over 300 miles return trip to view it and do the deal with a dealer who shall remain nameless.

Unfortunately, we were so very disappointed when we arrived to find the Esterel presented in such a poor condition that we decided to stick with our Autocruise which we love.

Sorry I can't help with any advice on the Charisma as I've never been in one but they do have a good reputation and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

NAME AND SHAME. BUSBY:roflmto:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Don't worry about going back in age especially with a quality van like that.
We did the same went from a year old RV to a 8 year old Hymer and the difference in quality is worlds apart. Best move we ever made.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back