Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi

After all the excellent reccomendations for the Nationwide Flex Account card I have just been having a look at it on the web.

It doesn't appear to give me anything that my HSBC Bank Card wont give me.

Just another bank account.

Am I missing something ?

Jim
:Mellow:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Never used HSBC but check HSBC account against withdrawals abroad. You may find it beneficial.

Nationwide dont let me go overdrawn at all, so I cant go even 1p over and incur charges like some banks either

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Do HSBC allow free withdrawals and no commision charges and the best bank rate as well:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Do HSBC allow free withdrawals and no commision charges and the best bank rate as well:thumb:

Do you know Geo, I dont know, the missus does it all, I just earn it and help to spend it.

This however could set the cat amongst the pigeons, a bit of family strife may be in order here.

Watch this space

Jim
:winky:

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Applied for this card yesterday and got approved on line. Just have to promise to credit the account with £100 when the card arrives.

Much better deal than my Barclays connect, I paid a small fortune in charges whist in Europe for 5 weeks last year. Especially as only drawing small amounts at a time so as you are not carrying too much cash, I do not like carrying too much for security reasons as well as stopping the girls impulse buying::bigsmile:

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Never used HSBC but check HSBC account against withdrawals abroad. You may find it beneficial.

Nationwide dont let me go overdrawn at all, so I cant go even 1p over and incur charges like some banks either

Are but you see I dont let myself go overdrawn. Its called discipline.

Jim::bigsmile:

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
If your card gets cloned it won't be you trying to go overdrawn:Doh:

Now were stretching the bounds of probibility but it could happen and so I will surrender and withdraw.

Jim
:Doh:

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Now were stretching the bounds of probibility but it could happen and so I will surrender and withdraw.

Jim
:Doh:

nowt to surrender to Jim you asked for advice. No offence intended, card cloning has happened to a number of people on this site, nice to have some sort of protection don't you think
:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
nowt to surrender to Jim you asked for advice. No offence intended, card cloning has happened to a number of people on this site, nice to have some sort of protection don't you think
:thumb::thumb:

Absolutley and no offence taken

Jim

:thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
If your card gets cloned it won't be you trying to go overdrawn:Doh:

About 2 years ago someone (not me) ran up over 2K on my barclays connect card. Thank goodness I had some protection otherwise I would have had to find the money from somewhere.

I only had a £100 overdraft limit at the time.

So it pays to have the extra protection of a card where they dont allow you to go overdrawn or over your overdraft limit.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Do you know Geo, I dont know, the missus does it all, I just earn it and help to spend it.

This however could set the cat amongst the pigeons, a bit of family strife may be in order here.

Watch this space

Jim
:winky:
Hi Jim, I think thats about the only area the flexi wins hands down
No charges whatsoever for withdrawalls and a good rate of exchnge and according to Russel (Finance Wizard/Guru) the only one doing it at the time he posted, I wondered if things have changed as it was awhile back now
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Nearly fell for that Pammy, lower down the Nationwide DEBIT card is tops

The Nationwide's Flexaccount Visa Debit card trumps all the other cards as it doesn't load anywhere in the world, is free of interest (unless you're overdrawn) and doesn't charge for withdrawing cash.
Geo
PS Good Link and it works too, Are you ok, do you want me to come in

Last edited:

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Nearly fell for that Pammy, lower down the Nationwide DEBIT card is tops

The Nationwide's Flexaccount Visa Debit card trumps all the other cards as it doesn't load anywhere in the world, is free of interest (unless you're overdrawn) and doesn't charge for withdrawing cash.
Geo
PS Good Link and it works too, Are you ok, do you want me to come in
No I'm alright, I've just had a lie down.:ROFLMAO:

Glad you read it all though - I got to a point where I wasn't sure which, what was best:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back