Free Member
Jan 5, 2008
Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Folks
Since joining this site I have been totally inactive mainly because I have been travelling to far off places on the other side of the world. However i am back now. I have sold my UK reg camper back in the UK and am now the owner of a Spanish Reg Challenger Low Profile. Right now I am compiling information on places to stay in Spain. I will start with the Costas and Almeria. There will be aires and wild camping spots. They will all have been visited by us and will only be listed if we think they are safe. I will also list the nearest WiFi point as well as how best to use it. Because we live in Spain and have many motorhoming friends of different nationalities we are getting access to info that I have not seen on any site especially from our Spanish friends so I think putting this in print is the best contribution I can make to the site. I am taking photos of course and will think of all you RV boys to advise if suitable for RV,s. There are changes happening in Spain to make it better for Motorhomes led by the Spanish themselves so watch out and in a few weeks I will have it on here.:Smile:

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
Looking forward to the information immensely.
Thank you very much, you have come up with a great idea.

Marrwyck

Free Member
Jan 29, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
Exp
2 Years
Fantastic, info like this is invaluable

I 'll be keeping my eye on this as we are shortly off to France then Spain.
Looking forward to see where we may possibly be going, ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Hi Folks
I am taking photos of course and will think of all you RV boys to advise if suitable for RV,s. There are changes happening in Spain to make it better for Motorhomes led by the Spanish themselves so watch out and in a few weeks I will have it on here.:Smile:

Ken,
Great news I will be VERY interested in such information.:thumb:

Mick & Pat

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Ken

I am sure that the information you provide will be much appreciated by all Funsters travelling to Spain.:thumb:

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hi Ken,

We don't winter in Spain anymore but I'm sure many motorhomers will welcome your input.

For those who are unaware this site Link Removed lists aires in Spain. Not many at present but it's growing.

It's in Spanish but it does have the GPS co ords which make life easier.

Don

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Ken,

We will be very interested in any info like this.

Just a thought though, can you make sure if a site says all year they mean all year, not open all year except when you turn up ..........:Sad:......... as many seem to do.

Keith

OP
OP
C

C7KEN

Free Member
Jan 5, 2008
Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Keith
I intend to concentrate on Aires, overnight places and wild camping places. I meet many motorhomers from the UK down here and it amazes me that they stay at La Manga, Marjal, La Marina etc. for three months at high costs when there are alternatives at much less cost.These campsites are OK but to sit in the van watching TV at 20+ euros per day ? Bear in mind that you can still use the restaurants , intertainment and waste disposal facilities on these sites without being booked in.
The campsites are easy to research the places I intend to list not so easy. Also internet access comes up a lot and I have this almost perfected now.
I have tried to find many wild camp places listed on other sites but often although OK for small vans they were too tight for ours and risked damage to bodywork which is why I will not list them
The list will start off as places to stay all the way down the east coast and along part of the south . I will then follow up regularly with additional places as and when we have stayed at them. :Smile:

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Hi Ken!! We failed to find you last year on our pilgramage to Guardamar!! (Ana and Paul here!) .....we will be going "home" again for 3 months around Xmas time.
Really looking forward to reading the info you are collecting as we like to tour whilst there!! Regards! :Smile:

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hi Keith
I have tried to find many wild camp places listed on other sites but often although OK for small vans they were too tight for ours and risked damage to bodywork which is why I will not list them
The list will start off as places to stay all the way down the east coast and along part of the south . I will then follow up regularly with additional places as and when we have stayed at them. :Smile:

Hi Ken,

Why not list all the places and make it clear if the aire is only suitable for small vans. :Smile:

keep up the good work.:thumb::thumb:

Don

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Ken,

We don't winter in Spain anymore but I'm sure many motorhomers will welcome your input.

For those who are unaware this site Link Removed lists aires in Spain. Not many at present but it's growing.

It's in Spanish but it does have the GPS co ords which make life easier.

Don

Hi Don I did a tomTom GPS download for this site a couple of months back, its in the download section.

Olley

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hi Don I did a tomTom GPS download for this site a couple of months back, its in the download section.

Olley

Hi Olley,

Had a look at the downloads but they are way above my pay-scale :ROFLMAO:

I've had a Garmin 350 for one year and have to load everything manually.:Sad:

I managed without a sat nav for 55 years but I did find it a big help on a solo trip to Brittany in February.::bigsmile:

I dropped some hints on the forums about having a get together to get acquainted with the terminology and technology of the sat nav, also getting a few tips on how to get the best out of them.:Smile:

Sadly nobody has taken the hint but I live in hope.::bigsmile:

Don

Knaus680

Free Member
Sep 11, 2007
Home base is Newcastle, but currently full timing
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Feb 2007
any update of this list yet please

Hi Keith, we are setting off soon to travel down the east coast of Spain and along the south coast to Portugal. I read your posting of June 2008 and wondered if your list was available. We are not averse to using the occasional site, but much prefer wild camping. Thanks:Smile:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Hi Ken,
have already thanked you, but the boss asks if you have any info on Spanish Motorway charges for MHs, pl?

Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back