bleeding injectors help please :helpsos: (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
hi i am having problems bleeding the injector after an engine rebuild any help appreciated thanks
bill:helpsos:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Probably cannot help you as only ever had to bleed old tractors but we used to crack open the pipes at the pump and crank it over and then un do each injector pipe in turn and crank it again until it fired up-----This info is probably 30 years behind times

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Be careful I have a friend who has hardly any sight in one eye now doing just that:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
There is usually a lever on the pump to push the diesel thru to the injectors after you slacken off the pipes one by one:Smile::Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Probably cannot help you as only ever had to bleed old tractors but we used to crack open the pipes at the pump and crank it over and then un do each injector pipe in turn and crank it again until it fired up-----This info is probably 30 years behind times
thanks that's wat i have been doing but it seems the pump not getting fuel never had problem like i have had with this
thank for posting :thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
There should be a bleed screw on it some where

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
i have done all that cant under stand it something wrong and cant put my finger on it seen to have me beet at the moment:cry:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Bill is there a small bleed screw on the top of the pump? If so bleed by unscrewing a little and turn over while priming to bleed the pump then do the injectors if it will not start you could try easystart to just start it a couple of times and pull the fuel through

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill is there a small bleed screw on the top of the pump? If so bleed by unscrewing a little and turn over while priming to bleed the pump then do the injectors if it will not start you could try easystart to just start it a couple of times and pull the fuel through
it's a brand new engine almost won hurt it will it

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
easystart is a useful tool in very slight moderation....but then, like a drug user, it becomes addictive and essential.

sounds to me like you have an air leak (not lock) on the filter head.

combined injector/lift pump will draw fuel from the tank...unless it can draw air easier.

wont show as a fuel leak as the lift pump causes a vacuum on the filter sucking fuel through (or air)

Last edited:

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Pump

Firstly you must make sure you have fuel to the pump ie the bleed screw on the pump once you have fuel at the pump only then you can expect to see fuel at the injector pipe nuts when cranking the engine. If no luck check the fuel shut off solenoid on the pump some times the plunger can stick in the off position you can remove this to test if it is working with little effort.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back