Come on ROCKIE RV.How about a Thread. (1 Viewer)

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi American Dream
RockieRV is cooking my dinner at the moment, which is much more important than answering a question mate :roflmto::roflmto:
But, if I had my way it would be a brand new Monaco :roflmto:
Maybe Sharon will have a much more down to earth reply mate :whatthe:

Keith

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
No, not a nerve exactly, however my mate Dazzer had a habit of winding up the Eurovan owners on another site which shall remain nameless with his "Buy an RV" routine :winky: :winky: His idea of a bit of fun but the others often didn't see the funny side :roflmto: :roflmto:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Classic vs Modern?
American vs European.
What suits your lifestyle?

Hiya

I'm not exactly the techy side of our duo here - did you really mean this for me?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Pros and cons of facilities.
Layouts of interiors.
Oh to have one of those BIG RIGS some of you guys are running.
Maybe one day.

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Pros and cons of facilities.
Layouts of interiors.
Oh to have one of those BIG RIGS some of you guys are running.
Maybe one day.

I would really love to answer this but........ :whatthe:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I suppose you could start with a womans view of the carp (deliberate typo) Magic Chef oven Sharon :roflmto: :roflmto: :roflmto:

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Well I guess my major problem at the moment is Parts Availability.
Shipping costs for One-off bits are extortionate by courier, and finding the parts in this country is extremely time consuming.
Are spares for newer RV's a similar problem?

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Well I guess my major problem at the moment is Parts Availability.
Shipping costs for One-off bits are extortionate by courier, and finding the parts in this country is extremely time consuming.
Are spares for newer RV's a similar problem?

Nope, not if you know where to shop and ship in bulk.....although by bulk I mean 1/2 a ton at a time :roflmto:

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Half a ton at a time1
I work it out that in 7 shipments I will have a new RV.
Tell me more?:wub:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Classic vs Modern?
American vs European.
What suits your lifestyle?

Whats on the outside and under the bonnet is my department
whats inside is Ruths department

my ideal originaly was a Mercedes/Hymer however i'm happy with my Winnebago
which now stands me at a shed load of money cos LC1964 keeps on finding me "must haves" :roflmto::roflmto:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Thanks Tony.... you have just shaved 2 years off me ::bigsmile:

I like you!!! :roflmto: :roflmto:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi American Dream
RockieRV is cooking my dinner at the moment, which is much more important than answering a question mate :roflmto::roflmto:
But, if I had my way it would be a brand new Monaco :roflmto:
Maybe Sharon will have a much more down to earth reply mate :whatthe:

Keith

Any news on the sale of Rockie yet Kieth?

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi John
Rockie has NEVER been for sale, however ROCKY has been, and yes we have some sort of news. Thanks for your interest :roflmto::roflmto:

Keith

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Hi John
Rockie has NEVER been for sale, however ROCKY has been, and yes we have some sort of news. Thanks for your interest :roflmto::roflmto:

Keith

Sorry for the mix up with Rocky/Rockie:Blush::Doh:

Sounds good news then.

I asked cos i often wonder about changing mine then deciding no and wonder how the market was.

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Sorry for the mix up with Rocky/Rockie:Blush::Doh:

Sounds good news then.

I asked cos i often wonder about changing mine then deciding no and wonder how the market was.

No problem John, I get confused sometimes :ROFLMAO:
Well I guess that is the $64,000 question isn't it? There are plenty of dreamers and Muppet's around, and a good few genuine folks too. We had a few viewings and some people thought that we would sell it for buttons, some wanted to trade in an old banger and a couple of people came, saw and offered a reasonable deal, one obviously more than the other. The problem that we now have is finding a decent RV to buy....... A lot of scrap out there and I am beginning to wonder if we have done the right thing, after all Rocky is well sorted and should go on for years with everything we have done to it. If we had pots of money (which we do not :Doh:) then I believe there are some good deals out there, but at the less expensive end of the market there seems to be very few that are worth a second look.
If anyone sees, or knows of, a really nice 32 foot RV with a dinette we would be grateful for the nod, I am going to look at one or two in the next few days but do not hold my breath. We have yet to receive the cash for Rocky and until the money is firmly in my mit then we still own it as far as I am concerned ::bigsmile:
Anyway, let the fun begin..............
Good luck if you decide to sell yours John

Keith

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
No problem John, I get confused sometimes
Well I guess that is the $64,000 question isn't it? There are plenty of dreamers and Muppet's around, and a good few genuine folks too. We had a few viewings and some people thought that we would sell it for buttons, some wanted to trade in an old banger and a couple of people came, saw and offered a reasonable deal, one obviously more than the other. The problem that we now have is finding a decent RV to buy....... A lot of scrap out there and I am beginning to wonder if we have done the right thing, after all Rocky is well sorted and should go on for years with everything we have done to it. If we had pots of money (which we do not :Doh:) then I believe there are some good deals out there, but at the less expensive end of the market there seems to be very few that are worth a second look.
If anyone sees, or knows of, a really nice 32 foot RV with a dinette we would be grateful for the nod, I am going to look at one or two in the next few days but do not hold my breath. We have yet to receive the cash for Rocky and until the money is firmly in my mit then we still own it as far as I am concerned
Anyway, let the fun begin..............
Good luck if you decide to sell yours John

Keith

I look across the pond at ads daily and think if only I had cash in hand but then know of others who have bought and then find themselves spending fortunes bringing em up to spec.

Hopefully our Wakee all is done and now with the paint tidied and gas would in reality be almost perfect for us especially now not having an income:RollEyes:

I just don't like the exterior front of mine:Doh:but with a paint job might feel a whole lot better certainly new graphics will make a major difference alone I think.

Just need to LPG it to make it possible to attend UK rallies without feeling sick about spending nearly £200 if fuel alone for a weekend after moving to Wales.

I love driving this bus and the engine sound well:smalllove::smalllove:

I love the region we have moved to but there are just 2 problems a) being a crap GP and b) being where we are in south Wales is in relation to the main UK areas for meets:cry:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back