Hymer water leaks (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2012
Kent
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
15 years
My 1991 Hymer has developed a leak that looks as if it is coming from the roof seal.
Has anyone had experience of getting a Hymer resealed and by who did it and was it good value.
also the windscreen rubber has shrunk and needs replacing along with the windscreen as it is starting to fog any ideas

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
My 1991 Hymer has developed a leak that looks as if it is coming from the roof seal.
Has anyone had experience of getting a Hymer resealed and by who did it and was it good value.
also the windscreen rubber has shrunk and needs replacing along with the windscreen as it is starting to fog any ideas

Can only comment on the windscreen, which is just like mine is getting. It's de-laminating, a by product of age and to much sun. Perfectly OK, unless it gets into the swept area of the wipers, and then it borders on an MOT fail. Two options. Claim for a 'damaged' screen on your insurance, (and at the same time get the rubber replaced), or just pay for a new screen outright.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we had a delaminated (white area) on our screen in one corner, this area got hit by a road chipping and instantly cracked right across the screen. we then had to have a new screen, the fitters said the delaminated area is much weaker.

But get your wallet ready, my motorhome is insured on my business fleet policy for ease, this meant I had to pay my own VAT, so I know the screen cost over £2K

This was on a Pilote not a Hymer, but if anything the Hymer probably has a more rounded screen and I would expect to cost more

We also had a massive leak past the new screen, possibly just badly fitted, it got sorted before we sold it

Good luck with yours!!

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Your welcome to bring the van to us for an inspection and estimate, give Glenn or Ian a call first though on 01-580-881288.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back