Motorhome defender alarm and tracker or Strikeback and trackstar (1 Viewer)

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
I will be getting fitted an alarm and tracker in the next few weeks.

Does anyone have any experience of the Motorhome Defender.

I know a lot of folks have the Strikeback fitted and that is my first choice together with the traffic master trackstar, but I have been told the Motorhome Defender is wireless. The attraction to me is it is an inclusive package with a tracker from one manufacturer but more importantly the van is not getting dismantled as much because the defender is wireless.

What are your opinions please?

Darren

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Regarding the wireless question.

Wireless can be easily defeated, by simply using another wireless device whilst you open the door, the two signals on the same frequency cancel each other out. :Eeek:

Wireless needs batteries checking on a regular basis :Doh:

Wireless are normally open (N/O) which means that if one fails the alarm will not see any difference when the door is opened. :cry:

A wired normally closed (N/C) system is "talking" to the alarm continuously, so any actuation of failure is spotted immediately ::bigsmile:

It is a similar analogy to a wired reversing camera or a wireless. Either will work but the wired system will out perform the wireless one. Longer to initially install, but fault free operation.

I hope that this helps you understand the difference :Smile:

Eddie

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Darren I just know Eddie will post 100 reasons why you should not go to a wireless system. In my opinion even if it is a pain to have to go to Vanbitz as you are not near them I would make the effort. I have had a van with one of Eddies systems and it is superior in every way to the factory fitted alarm I have now. IE proper sealed proximity switches on all the lockers not cheap pin switches,a system designed for a motorhome with a sensor inside that detected any movement and could not be seen ,warning lights front and rear that can be seen with the screen covered.I am not sure but I did not think a wireless system was thatcham approved for insurance purposes but I am sure Eddie will correct me if I am wrong.
I would ask Eddie at Vanbitz any questions you may have as I have found they will give you good advice and NOT try to sell you something you do not need, they are very honest and do a good job that is why they get a lot of repeat work when people buy another van.
I am not related in any way with Van bitz but believe they are good value for money and you get a discount for Funsters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
Don't forget the good service that Eddie from Vanbitz will give you after your system is fitted, should you need it.

I went for the Strikeback alarm and tracker when I bought my van two years ago. Thoroughly satisfied.

OP
OP
Dazzlin

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Eddie.
There is a guy doing strikeback in warrington. Is he associated or shall we come all the way to somerset

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
We had VanBitz fit a strike back alarm for us. We went down for a few days, the day they worked on it we went into town (they dropped us in) even though they must have stripped a fair bit of the interior you would never know.Very pleased with it.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Our motorhome already had a strike back alarm fitted.

We are changing our car and will get one fitted to that too.

Eddie Vanbitz has a number of different alarms and trackers to suit all budgets and requirements and they make a big difference on insurance.

The strike back system doesnt involve any monthly fees and does the job brilliantly as far as we are concerned.

There is no inclusive package or monthly fees to pay but we know instantly when the alarm is triggered and the tracker was extremely useful in keeping tabs when the motorhome was in for repair.

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Eddie.
There is a guy doing strikeback in warrington. Is he associated or shall we come all the way to somerset

Hi Darren, Mike at Leisurepower is the only installer that we supply to now. Over the years we have tried many many times to appoint fitting agents, but they always seem to cut corners or simply not do things the way that we want and expect.

Leisurepower is a totally independent business from Van Bitz, but one that will install Strikeback correctly and look after you as a customer.

However, as an independent business your warranty and aftersales would be with Leisurepower.

Also the 10% subscribers discount is unique to Funsters and Van Bitz due to the amount of friends that I have made on MotorhomeFun (also when I am at rallies and drinking in the tents, I don't keep getting tapped up for "mates rates" when I am vulnerable :winky:) But I assure you that Mike is a decent bloke should you decide to go down that route.

As Jim said if you do decide to travel to Taunton, we have within our grounds a 3.5 acre campsite which is free of charge for your visit to Van Bitz www.cornishfarm.com

If you email your details I can arrange for one of our information packs to be sent to you, it makes a good read and there are free stickers if nothing else:roflmto:

Thanks to everyone else for their kind comments, no one ever gets everything right, but we do actually do aim to do that every time.

Thanks

Eddie

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
We had a Strikeback fitted to our 1 day old Autotrail Scout. Very nervous but they did a lovely job and I'll never forget my first night in the Scout tucked up in bed watching TV with a couple of pints of ale.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back