Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i presume you mean leisure battery?

basically all leisure batteries are pretty much the same despite the marketing hype of some manufacturers like elecsol, who gave a worthless 4 year warranty. if your use sites with electric hookup a lot, the battery doesnt really get used much. if you want to camp offsite a fair bit then its worth paying extra for a traction type battery from banner or varta

these are a good compromise with 4 year warranty 88AH for £56
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
i presume you mean leisure battery?

basically all leisure batteries are pretty much the same despite the marketing hype of some manufacturers like elecsol, who gave a worthless 4 year warranty. if your use sites with electric hookup a lot, the battery doesnt really get used much. if you want to camp offsite a fair bit then its worth paying extra for a traction type battery from banner or varta

these are a good compromise with 4 year warranty 88AH for £56
Link Removed

Agreed:thumb: Or if you want something bigger? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111012410750?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
I remember going to buy a batt for my car many years ago from my mates motorshop and was givin the choice of one with 1year warranty for 25notes or one with 5 years warranty for 60notes and when i asked him what the quality difference was he said honestly nothing the rep had told him the batts are identical your just paying for the warranty. thats when you just had bog standard lead acid jobbies

saying that i used to repair motorbikes for a living (bike school as well) we had 2 identical school bikes that needed batts put a chinese batt on one (couldnt even spell the name let alone say it lol) and a yuasa on the other £14 vs £70 the chinese one didnt even last 6months the yuasa lasted 4.5 years. so to a certain degree you do only get what you pay for its like that old adage "buy cheap buy twice"

but like its been said above it all depends on how you intend to use (and how long you intend to keep MH) it if i was going to be wild camping I would buy the best i could afford, last thing you want is no hook up and having to run the MH engine just to flush the toilet lol, mind you might hide a few noises from the water closet :Eeek::Eeek:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Best leisure battery- Banner!

Not as good as a traction monobloc battery though!:winky:

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
This thread is very timely for me too as I found out last weekend that our LB is borked. After around 24 hours parked up without HU, the Truma's safety solenoid valve decided there wasn't enough voltage and dumped 10 litres of water on the deck.

Looking at the NL Banner website I see this little lot. Which is the LB??!

Link Removed

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Cancel that!
I should have looked at the OP's location before posting an English link!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back