LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We are cooking this for our tea it smells lovely been trying a few of their recipes so far they have been very tasty.

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/653540

Any other funsters tried any of their recipes? we havn't bought their books yet hope we may get them in our Christmas stocking.

ps.we will let you know what it tastes like. Amanda wont eat it though had to make her a chicken soup.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We purchased the Hairy Bikers Diet Book some time ago and have tried many of their recipes and they are lovely and healthy eating. Can't fault them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Watched their diet series when it was on first time round and it was fantastic. I loved the way you still got to eat your favourites but with big chunks of the calories left out but little if any impact on the taste.:thumb:

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We are cooking this for our tea it smells lovely been trying a few of their recipes so far they have been very tasty.

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/653540

Any other funsters tried any of their recipes? we havn't bought their books yet hope we may get them in our Christmas stocking.

ps.we will let you know what it tastes like. Amanda wont eat it though had to make her a chicken soup.

Well we have just finished our tea and can honestly say it was lovely, fantastic flavours. Wasn't sure about the 8 cloves of garlic but with a glass of sweet white wine that old Mo had introduced us to it went down a treat.:thumb:

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Watched their diet series when it was on first time round and it was fantastic. I loved the way you still got to eat your favourites but with big chunks of the calories left out but little if any impact on the taste.:thumb:

Quite right that's what its about less calories but keep the flavours. We made their golden soup yesterday and must say it was lovely, even Amanda liked that.. Got the recipe for their chicken balti so that's next.:Smile:

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
I've got their pies recipe book ( which explains a lot !!!!!!) :Doh: :Doh:
Blooming hard stickin to me diet with it on the side.

Cheers. Nige

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I've got their pies recipe book ( which explains a lot !!!!!!) :Doh: :Doh:
Blooming hard stickin to me diet with it on the side.

Cheers. Nige

funnily enough I have their pie book too which also explains a lot :winky:
I have looked at some of their diet pie recipes not convinced about using the fillo pastry, will let you know when iv'e tried them

regards Kate

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I seem to remember them using white bread as pie bases?

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
We tried the pizza mix for pie crust three times just didn't work pity as it seemed such a good idea but some of the other.recepies we're very good.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Hairy dieters

Hi
Malcolm and I have been doing the hairy dieters since I came across a chilli con carne recipe of theirs on line. I made it asked Malcolm if he enjoyed it when he said it was delicious and no he couldn't eat anymore I then told him it was a " diet meal "
This was in August . Since then we have stuck with their meals . They are delicious and filling . We've lost loads of weight and feel great !
The only recipe we really didn't like was their own muesli mix it was like chewing cardboard!!
We are now boring calorie counters ! But it's been well worth it .
Good luck with your hairy meals!!!:Smile:

Cathryn

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi
Malcolm and I have been doing the hairy dieters since I came across a chilli con carne recipe of theirs on line. I made it asked Malcolm if he enjoyed it when he said it was delicious and no he couldn't eat anymore I then told him it was a " diet meal "
This was in August . Since then we have stuck with their meals . They are delicious and filling . We've lost loads of weight and feel great !
The only recipe we really didn't like was their own muesli mix it was like chewing cardboard!!
We are now boring calorie counters ! But it's been well worth it .
Good luck with your hairy meals!!!:Smile:

Cathryn

Thanks for the post. I'm looking forward to Christmas, my mom is getting me the hairy bikers diet books . Only tried a few recipes on the link at the beginning of this thread. What impressed me was the flavours got my taste buds going and Bills. Trouble is Bill doesn't need to loose weight so he can have a second helping:Smile:
Kate::bigsmile:

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I have their Hairy Dieters book and their Eat For Life book and they are fab. :thumb: Yesterday I took delivery of their Great Curries book and it looks amazing :thumb: guess what hubby is having for dinner Friday night :winky: I order my books from The Book People. The curry book was in their flash sale last week and was only £5.99 for the hardback book, I then googled for discount codes and got free delivery too!! Result :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back