Winter prep (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
No. Not how to mothball it for the winter but preparing to head off. I like to prepare everything the day befofre just to check all is well. I know that some people over winter use water carriers but I have an onboard tank and it gives me hot and cold running water so I prefer to use it. Everyone to their own.So, heres what I have done in preparation for tomorrow.
Started engine and let it run .
Connected EHU to top up battery and also to power up 240V.
Fridge on.
Top up with water.
Run taps and allow to drain freely from waste tank on to my drive and down the drain.
Water heater on.
Oil filled heater on, timer set to run overnight.
Cupboards open to allow a bit of heat through.
Toilet flush tank half filled and a bit of screenwash added
Water pump turned off and taps opened to mid point so that if there is something starting to freeze up there is room for expansion.

I'm sure I have missed or done something wrong so I am asking for some tips please.

Oh. I also put some hi-vis tape on the backs of the wing mirrors. They are really noticable but I don't like how it looks. Does anyone know where to get hi-vis fun stickers to make it look better or is this an idea for a Funster hi-vis sticker?

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Got some hi vis hand and paw shape stickers from one of those £1 shop type places

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
No. Not how to mothball it for the winter but preparing to head off. I like to prepare everything the day befofre just to check all is well. I know that some people over winter use water carriers but I have an onboard tank and it gives me hot and cold running water so I prefer to use it. Everyone to their own.So, heres what I have done in preparation for tomorrow.
Fridge on.
Top up with water.
Run taps and allow to drain freely from waste tank on to my drive and down the drain.
Water heater on.
Water pump turned off and taps opened to mid point so that if there is something starting to freeze up there is room for expansion.

I'm sure I have missed or done something wrong so I am asking for some tips please.

Oh. I also put some hi-vis tape on the backs of the wing mirrors. They are really noticable but I don't like how it looks. Does anyone know where to get hi-vis fun stickers to make it look better or is this an idea for a Funster hi-vis sticker?

You will do your engine more harm than good starting it up and letting it tick over. Should be drive and taken up to normal temp. BUSBY:Smile:

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
You will do your engine more harm than good starting it up and letting it tick over. Should be drive and taken up to normal temp. BUSBY:Smile:
Thanks for that. I agree with you but when it's not been out for a couple of weeks I just need to check it is starting ready for the next day. As I use it a lot it is only occasionally started and not actually taken for a run. advice is appreciated though.:thumb:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Fridge on.
Top up with water.
Water heater on.

I dont worry about the winter prep so much, if it gets a bit nippy, I just nip down to the Algarve, its only an hour away.

I feel its a bit cold these days here near Seville (21c), so I think I will go to Portugal at the end of the week and see if I can warm up.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I know! I know!, I just couldn't help myself!! Sorry::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back