Where do the English overwinter? (1 Viewer)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Traveling back home through Spain we have stayed at Mazarron playa and Los Maldiles in Murcia and now Cap Blanca in Altea and they have all been packed out with Germans staying for the winter. At least near the bit I pitched in.

Where are all the Brits?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Cap Blanch has always been predominantly German, Belgian and Dutch. They don't spend money like the Brits, so don't go to Benidorm which is predominantly Brits.

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
There are a few other English/Irish/Welsh and Scots spots

Have to agree about Benidorm and Mazarron which is a German favourite due to the big pitches which can take car, trailer and motorhome. The C&CC rallies at Benicassim, La Manga and Albuferia have a fair few along with Cabopino (Marbella) Conil (Cadiz) and Tavira (Portugal):Smile:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Why go to Spain yet? Having a bracing week at Whitby! However, when that white stuff starts to fall we shall be heading for Isla Plana.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Cap Blanch has always been predominantly German, Belgian and Dutch. They don't spend money like the Brits, so don't go to Benidorm which is predominantly Brits.

I wondered why everybody was so miserable at Cap Blanch. Never even got a Guten Morgen all week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
In 10 K miles of MH journeys through Europe (not spain or Portugal) I have only met less than 10 brits In MH'S. Pretty sad for a race that once owned all the pink bits on the map:ROFLMAO:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Why go to Spain yet? Having a bracing week at Whitby! However, when that white stuff starts to fall we shall be heading for Isla Plana.

Jealous,, one of our favourite locations. Stuck at home because of wives hospital appointments. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Staying in Blighty again this year. Suspension still not repaired.

Hopefully by January will have it and the fridge sorted out so next year will be my travel year. (famous last words)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
In 10 K miles of MH journeys through Europe (not spain or Portugal) I have only met less than 10 brits In MH'S. Pretty sad for a race that once owned all the pink bits on the map:ROFLMAO:

I was on a site in SPAIN last winter and met more than that on my first day. They must be avoiding you. BUSBY:roflmto:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Britain winter

We'll be heading to Los Madriles in January for a couple of months! and our friends. Peter and Paula Paskell are already there! jammy beggars.

As for the foreign languages, you don't think it's all the Brits who are pretending to be German, Dutch, etc, to put off even more Brits do you? On second thoughts probably not, since the average Brit abroad expects everyone else to speak English :ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

I used to wild camp at Isla Plana years ago. Had some great times there till the powers that be stopped it.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I used to wild camp at Isla Plana years ago. Had some great times there [HI]till the powers that be stopped it[/HI].

I expect the locals complained about the "Noise" from all them Kippers running up.... :winky::ROFLMAO:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
I used to wild camp at Isla Plana years ago. Had some great times there till the powers that be stopped it.

You can still pitch at L'Azohia in a few places, a couple with stunning sea views. Plenty use the boat launch car park or the rambla across the road. Or, right next to the Lion supermarket (if he hasn't got it you don't need it) behind the 'no camping' sign. I don't think they are as strict in the winter. I've seen people using the incomplete housing site near the Repsol garage, on the way into Porta Mazzaron

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
There seems to about 10/12 Brits snuggled down for the winter here at Zahora and apparently some more en route

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I was on a site in SPAIN last winter and met more than that on my first day. They must be avoiding you. BUSBY:roflmto:

that may well be true......but you notice I have not been to Spain or Portugal in a MH. I went to the Baltics and Scandinavia, (Germany/Austria/Italy recently) which it appears that the French and Germans and Dutch like in substantial numbers but the Brits don't:Eeek: or maybe it is just me :ROFLMAO:

In fact It might be worth considering overwintering on the German aire I stayed in near Cologne! £6 a night inclusive of leccy, with the Germans most expensive wind turbinated electricity in Europe that £6 should be gone in a few hours with the heater on then its at the local German taxpayers expense :)

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
that may well be true......but you notice I have not been to Spain or Portugal in a MH. I went to the Baltics and Scandinavia, (Germany/Austria/Italy recently) which it appears that the French and Germans and Dutch like in substantial numbers but the Brits don't:Eeek: or maybe it is just me :ROFLMAO:

In fact It might be worth considering overwintering on the German aire I stayed in near Cologne! £6 a night inclusive of leccy, with the Germans most expensive wind turbinated electricity in Europe that £6 should be gone in a few hours with the heater on then its at the local German taxpayers expense :)

But No Sunshine and no Med. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back