Impulsive accidental purchase (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
After reading all the horror stories about various motorhomes and their problems, I'm rather glad (so far anyway) that I did the 'impulsive accidental purchase' thing. I may never have bought a MH otherwise.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sometimes things are just meant to be. it may have been an accidental impulse purchase, but you're going to really enjoy the freedom it gives. if the worst happens and you don't enjoy it you can still sell the van and get your money back. you cant do that with a package holiday you don't enjoy:thumb:

motorhoming is like sex.....the more relaxed and inclined to explore that you are, the more you enjoy it:ROFLMAO:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
After reading all the horror stories about various motorhomes and their problems, I'm rather glad (so far anyway) that I did the 'impulsive accidental purchase' thing. I may never have bought a MH otherwise.

Well done you.

I have posted before about people being scared off purchasing vehicles/motorhomes etc because they read forums which make it sound like EVERY example of a particular manufacturer is riddled with problems.

You may well get one or two issues with yours, but it is how you view them that is important.

Sometimes the price people pay and their expectations are at opposite ends of the scale.:Doh:

Enjoy it and come and join us at the various meets.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Well done you.

I have posted before about people being scared off purchasing vehicles/motorhomes etc because they read forums which make it sound like EVERY example of a particular manufacturer is riddled with problems.

You may well get one or two issues with yours, but it is how you view them that is important.

Sometimes the price people pay and their expectations are at opposite ends of the scale.:Doh:

Enjoy it and come and join us at the various meets.:thumb:
Whatever problems it presents, it'll never be as bad as our boat was to re-build

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
sometimes things are just meant to be. it may have been an accidental impulse purchase, but you're going to really enjoy the freedom it gives. if the worst happens and you don't enjoy it you can still sell the van and get your money back. you cant do that with a package holiday you don't enjoy:thumb:

motorhoming is like sex.....the more relaxed and inclined to explore that you are, the more you enjoy it:ROFLMAO:

If you think im only going out in my RV once every 6 years you better think again:Doh:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Whatever problems it presents, it'll never be as bad as our boat was to re-build

Yep, been there, done that.

There are similarities, though. Both have to keep the water out::bigsmile:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
My impending RMB purchase could be seen by many as impulsive, but I agree that you've got to just go for things occasionally.

It's tremendously exciting and rather addictive. Behind the scenes, though, is a lot of research which your peers don't see.

If it all goes wrong... well, you've got to extract the positives rather than dwell on the negatives.

(He says now somewhat worried....)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I have to agree. Ours was done on a similar basis and I suppose knowing what I do now I would possibly have been scared off the idea altogether. It was a private sale after seeing an advert in an online magazine. Fortunately, it turned out to be a happy purchase and of all the motorhomes we have looked at since at dealers, shows or meets we haven't seen one we prefer.

Wyn

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
B.O.A.T

Bust Out Another Thousand :Doh:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13

I did a similar thing 41 years ago. Still got her and she works well.
Have fancied a newer model many times!
Not sure about the sex part of the deal, the law of diminshing returns is now very much in place.

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm still sweating and deliberating over our impending purchase.
We're due to collect this Saturday and the thought of parting with a large wad of cash isn't filling me with enthusiasm.
The main problem is that it's our first MH and we really wanted a different model altogether but couldn't justify the extra £6000 it would cost so we settled for the best of the rest.
I'm hoping it turns out to be a good buy and that we can get some real enjoyment out of it for a year or two.
Fingers crossed!!! :Sad:

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
we used to have a 45 foot princess boat but the cost of diesel and moorings were horrific, bought a motorhome on an impulse buy, best thing ever, the freedom of a boat but a fraction of the cost

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
we used to have a 45 foot princess boat but the cost of diesel and moorings were horrific, bought a motorhome on an impulse buy, best thing ever, the freedom of a boat but a fraction of the cost
Diesel WAS cheap
Moorings Are cheap
Re-build certainly WAS NOT

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
I to dithered and researched for ages. Then I saw a motorhome on e-bay and thpught I would go for it. I am really pleased I did. I got a good deal. I am having several things done next week and then I am ready for my retirement adventure. Life is way too short to kerp worryig about doing the right thing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back