May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
but a bloody big bang:ROFLMAO:

Sorry ROD199, you asked a good question, the answer is a diesel engine will not run ON lpg but WITH lpg upto a max of 20% if you have a look it has recently been a topic on here. I do have some experience of this and will help if I can
Steve

Last edited:

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
I read an advert somewhere a company I think in Bristol do LPG for diesel conversions I will try to find it if I can. It also gives good description how it all works. I think it combines both fuels for it to work.

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
It is doable but not worth it, the old way was to basically turn your diesel into a spark ignition engine (uber money to do this) or like some hgv,s do is they basically squirt lpg into the intake so u end up running 80%derv 20% lpg . but its not as simple as just puting a lpg in the intake. yet again uber expensive unless your gonna do 100k miles ayear really isnt worth the money or effort. even if you ran 100% lpg (petrol engine) it takes thousands and thousands of miles to recoup any outlay so if your only running 20% thats 5 times the mileage

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
It does work - 20% is the petrol contamination maximum a diesel engine can take.

The results are better acceleration - many say its similar to having NOS on a petrol engine.

You would have to drive the van daily, everywhere for 20 odd years to see any ROI.

Petrol contamination can damage you injectors and at £450 a piece for a renault base for example - that isn't funny!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back