scam nearly got by me :Wink: (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
How Much is it really?

I wonder why it is possible to see a price of £28995 in the 'screen of the Fiat.

J

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I wonder why it is possible to see a price of £28995 in the 'screen of the Fiat.

J

Simple they nick the genuine add same as they nick genuine accounts ::bigsmile: and hope to catch a mug :Smile: or should I say do catch them
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Has any funsters followed these scams through and contacted the seller to find out what and why the vehicle is for sale cheaply?:thumb:

You never know they may be genuine:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Has any funsters followed these scams through and contacted the seller to find out what and why the vehicle is for sale cheaply?:thumb:

A few funsters have followed things and got together to supply bank details to both the bank (as fraudulent) and to police ::bigsmile: I am not aware of any actions being taken :Smile:by bank or police
EDIT that's not saying no one has acted just I am not aware. Barclays bank was one

terry

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Barclays again... They have got to be the most used by scammers' bank there is.. They just cannot run ANY sort of checks to speak of at all ( actually, I know this as fact.. A while ago a girl known to us ( the family ) got done from criminal damage and another time for shop lifting..
Daughter walked in to the local branch and their the girl was, working behind a till !!

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I just cannot believe there are people who would part with several thousands of pounds (£) and still not buy the item.

If I was a buyer I would say cash on collection.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Link Removed
Terry

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I just cannot believe there are people who would part with several thousands of pounds (£) and still not buy the item.

Quite often the scammers just want a holding deposit until you can get there, but there is no 'there' to get to. A few £500 deposits soon add up.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

Yes, great fun!
Guy gave me a sob story about wife leaving him, Blah! Blah! and when I asked to view the van he said it was in Spain but could ship it over at his cost. I responded by saying I too was in Spain on holiday and would be happy to come and look at Motorhome at my expenses and would like to meet up with him.

Never heard from him again.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Plenty do say that and stay safe i would think but there is always a GREEDY one. BUSBY:roflmto:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
How many more times is this one going to come on Ebay.....

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back