Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello all

When I joined earlier this year, in my rush to get access to the information I hoped for and soon found, I rather skipped through the registration bit.

Mainly in that I did not give much consideration to my user name, thinking of it at the time as yet another thing to remember during log in, not realising it became such an intrinsic part of life on here. Everybody else name looks 'fun' mine just looks official

I regularly send my kids (28 + 27) TEXTS IN UPPERCASE by mistake!! They used to ask why I was shouting, apparently that is what it means in text speak

So on to my question, can I or should I get my name changed by the management? My name always appears to jump out at me and I guess it will to others.:Eeek:

Or am I just being self conscious? would it look better as DavidG58 maybe?

Opinions, criticism etc expected and welcomed :Doh:

David

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
Hello all

When I joined earlier this year, in my rush to get access to the information I hoped for and soon found, I rather skipped through the registration bit.

Mainly in that I did not give much consideration to my user name, thinking of it at the time as yet another thing to remember during log in, not realising it became such an intrinsic part of life on here. Everybody else name looks 'fun' mine just looks official

I regularly send my kids (28 + 27) TEXTS IN UPPERCASE by mistake!! They used to ask why I was shouting, apparently that is what it means in text speak

So on to my question, can I or should I get my name changed by the management? My name always appears to jump out at me and I guess it will to others.:Eeek:

David

If you hadn't pointed it out, I would not have noticed it.

UPPERCASE MAY MEAN SHOUTING ON THE NET

many managers use UPPERCASE to pad out reports as well as double

spacing.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

spacing.

Some people never find out what the "caps lock" key is for, or how to switch it off, so always type in upper case. :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Hello all

David

I'm hard of hearing and a specsavers regulat
SHOUT IF YOU BWELL MUST
I don't care:winky::winky:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Might well be considered bad form in the text of the message or post, and really should only be used to emphasise, but a user name ? Naaaaaaa :Smile: Not a problem mate.

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
be who you want to be:Smile: iam a name not a number
Steve

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hi , I did the same , can't be bothered to change, bin there over 2 years now ,not a problem.
:sin: Terry:sin:

There are maybe more of us with the same 'condition' than I had noticed, I reckon I now just need to soften up my page with a nice photo

David :thumb:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Will it be of a 58 year old !! or a baby born in 1958. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Harry

I don't have the greatest of strengths in my password settings, but as it happens they are virtually the same at the moment

First name the most obvious, surname starts with G and in this case I was born in 1958 :shout:

David

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
First name the most obvious, surname starts with G and in this case I was born in 1958 :shout:

David[/QUOTE]

So you now all have access to my millions in the bank!! :Doh:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

spacing.

I find it hard to post in suitcase :ROFLMAO:
but upper or downer case maters not:ROFLMAO:

It's your name use it as you will

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
There are one or two who have changed in the past but your name doesn't warrant any attention, it's what you say that counts. More to the point I have mentioned changing mine in recent times but can't be bothered. :RollEyes:

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
I don't have the greatest of strengths in my password settings, but as it happens they are virtually the same at the moment

David

So it will have to be the picture your mother took as a baby then. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Harry

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
David, I wouldn't worry about the "shouting", I sometimes get asked why I use the "Janet and John" size lettering when on the computer:roflmto: It saves me having to wear my reading glasses.........

Now I'm sure there are a lot of you wondering who Janet and John are/were:roflmto: I wonder how many Funsters can remember Janet and John:winky:

Also, we are no longer motorhome "virgins", so we're due a change of name as well.......

Margaret

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back