Hello winter motorhome people! (1 Viewer)

Jph123

Free Member
Nov 2, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Ducato hymer
Exp
Not enough!
Hi, I'm new to this site but it looks ideal!

Due to my real life commitments I work in the summer but then take the winter 6 months off - which is where myself and the dog take the motorhome and roam around wasting time as gracefully as one can. Sometimes skiing in France or Italy sometimes surfing, but usually making it up as we go. I'm mid 40's not a teenager by the way.

Anyway, is there anybody out there who is equally free roaming during winter? It would be nice this winter to meet up with like minded souls as I hit the road on Tuesday and I'm heading north to start with and that's as far as my planning goes!

I get on with everyone (and so does the dog), so like minded wanderers drop me a line. Age, origin and vehicle does not matter, easy going does!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi there sounds great unfortunately I have to work all year round but I am in my 40s and I have a dog :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm sure loads will be along to say hi, why not have a look at the morocco thread as a few head over there.

As your heading up north if you get as far as Dumfries feel free to say hi or if you need info on overnight places just ask

OP
OP
J

Jph123

Free Member
Nov 2, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Ducato hymer
Exp
Not enough!
Such a good site!

Hi, thanks for getting in touch so quickly.

I was just checking the morocco trip, sounds good as I have friends already heading there for January.

At moment just loading up to head north via Yorkshire with the goal of Thurso, so may well look you up on the way past.

Cheers

Justin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, wave as you flash by North Devon, you don't say where you are, how about kayak fishing, you into that as well.

OP
OP
J

Jph123

Free Member
Nov 2, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Ducato hymer
Exp
Not enough!
Hello!

Hi, I'm near to bideford, but did go to school in Ilfracombe many years ago.

Kayak fishing is not my thing but I totally get it after borrowing an inflatable during the 3 week august heat wave and diving for spider crabs at green cliffs.

Thanks for dropping me a line.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Welcome!

If there is such a thing as 'lifestyle envy' we've got it!

You'll find a few Funsters at large around the Alps in winter. Half term is the usual time, but last year a few were to be found in Val Thorens during January. There might be some in Grand Bornard and Val Thorens this February........::bigsmile:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
He'll ow and welcome.

We are planning on following a similar lifestyle but not until the end of 2014. Perhaps see you the road next winter.

OP
OP
J

Jph123

Free Member
Nov 2, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Ducato hymer
Exp
Not enough!
What a friendly bunch of funsters you are!

Thanks to everyone for making my first 24 hours of this site so enjoyable and welcoming, thank you to you all and look forward to catching up on the road.

My plans look like Devon to Midlands early next week (visiting snow dome on the way), then hitting Yorkshire (Scarborough for a surf) by the end of the week / weekend, then heading up to either Scotland or a left turn and over to Northern Ireland. After that it's either through Ireland or back down to Chunnel then start heading south for winter.

Anyone on the road and wanting a chat, coffee, surf, ski or dog walk then drop me a line.

Justin

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well if your passing goole on the way your welcome to drop in for coffee and i will get you sum ware to park up to :thumb:

OP
OP
J

Jph123

Free Member
Nov 2, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Ducato hymer
Exp
Not enough!
Jobs

Ha ha you are not too far off - Maybe I should consider both and combine it with a year round motor home odyssey!

OP
OP
J

Jph123

Free Member
Nov 2, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Ducato hymer
Exp
Not enough!
Thank you

Thank you, that's a kind offer I will take you up on if passing.

Justin

OP
OP
J

Jph123

Free Member
Nov 2, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Ducato hymer
Exp
Not enough!
Thank you

Thank you, that's very kind of you.

Justin

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Hi and welcome to the forum :Smile:

I still have to work all year but I work for myself, online, running a few websites. I'm in the process of building a van that I can work from as well so will soon be all over the place and can't wait. Love the idea of parking up by the beach, getting a bit of work done than having an hour on the board when the waves look good ::bigsmile:

The hope is next year my company is making enough so we don't need my missus's income as well and then we can be in the van for longer periods.

I'm in Cornwall by the way, early 40's and like yourself always have my dog with me (although my dog hates other dogs). Your welcome to pop in if in the area or you never know - might bump into you on a beach some time

OP
OP
J

Jph123

Free Member
Nov 2, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Ducato hymer
Exp
Not enough!
Sound good

Hi, sounds like you are well on your way to getting sorted. A friend of mine runs his on line business entirely from his motorhome even when at home, so when he heads to Europe for winter nothing changes.

Where abouts in Cornwall are you? I stayed in the Ayr campsite at st.ives last week for a few days and got some good waves at Gwithian. Likewise if you are ever in North Devon look me up for some waves / somewhere to park.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Cheers for that and might give you a shout at some point. I'm in St Austell but should be out and about 2-3 days/nights a week once the van is finished.

Like how your mate has things sorted - kind of what I want to be able to do.

It took me a while to work out a reliable and efficient way of powering a PC and internet in the van but it's all sorted now so hoping the van is ready for use in a month or so.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back