Calor gas - are deposits still refunded? (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
We have converted to Gaslow permanent cylinders from our Calor Gas cylinders. Have read somewhere that Calor no longer reimburse the deposits first paid. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?
(If it is, we have 2 x 6kg Light bottles, one of which is at least 1/2 full should anyone want to buy them cheaply from us. Bournemouth area.)

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Calor refund part of the deposit on a downward sliding scale depending on how old the contract is, you need the original contract paperwork to get any refund.

D.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Here is a link to the Calor website, which shows the % of deposit refunded depending on how long you have had the bottles and assuming you have the original paperwork showing when the deposit was paid:

http://tiny.cc/CalorRefund

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
who would still have the paperwork and they have run that scam for years and under calories terms of use you technically cant sell them as they are still there property
and are braking tare terms of use giving them away but can they reinforce it not relay
there is that much money to be made by them recovering cylinders that ray have reps just collecting calender's from all sorts of places scrap yards garages tips caravan storage where caravans have been abandoned if there is a calorie cylinder and you cannot prove you have leased it they can tack it

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
who would still have the paperwork

ME !!!! ME !!!

Have to admit it's only from January this year, was stuck for a Butane bottle and my 2 propane were still full so had to pay a deposit :(

Seem's all you can do is give them away... :Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just sell it...if you can find a [STRIKE]mug[/STRIKE] buyer daft enough to pay money for one.

i doubt calor would even consider prosecution, even if they found out which they never could, as they still have the bottle, just in the care of someone else.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
As I said before, look on eBay for gas bottle woodburners::bigsmile: some people are making a fortune out of them

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I go down our local Council tip.... and there are piles of them..:whatthe:

I would say no to your question... Or maybe them folk down here cannot be bothered. to get their deposit back, if you can .. :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
play Calor at their own game.

Email (then you have proof) your local dealer and say you no longer need THEIR cylinder (it will always be their property remember) and give them one week to collect it or you will assume they no longer want possesion of it and you will sell it.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Now then, mmmmmm - a pair of light propane bottles is just what I need, unfortunately a bit away from 'sunny' Weston. Would have certainly relieved you of your burden in exchange for some of the Queens finest there.

Alas, a little far to travel - unless you are passing this way of course.:thumb:

Regards,

Trikeman.:winky:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I sold mine on eBay, good price I got as well.
pick up only as couriers won't accept them.
got £22 for one and got offered £10 for the other but decided to change it for a butane dumpy as we only have one Gaslow, wish I had 2 now but decided at the time just to have the dumpy as back up and then could fit a small French/Spanish/Portuguese bottle in its place if need be.
cheaper to get gpl here though (France/Portugal) not many stations in spain though so wanted to make provision for that.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
You could probably get at least a tenner on eBay for an empty 13kg Propane cylinder - at that price the winning bidder will be saving a goodly sum on their non-returnable deposit.

Anyone want a 13kg propane cylinder for a tenner? 10% funster discount, Collection only ;-)

OP
OP
sciac2001
Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Now then, mmmmmm - a pair of light propane bottles is just what I need, unfortunately a bit away from 'sunny' Weston. Would have certainly relieved you of your burden in exchange for some of the Queens finest there.

Alas, a little far to travel - unless you are passing this way of course.:thumb:

Regards,

Trikeman.:winky:

Unfortunately, we will be heading "sarf" rather than ouest!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back