Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
I seem to have read somewhere recently that dogs were not allowed on buses and/or trains in Spain:helpsos:

As we are planning a tour of Spain and Portugal this winter, and will have our two small dogs with us could someone let me know what the situation is please?

The last time I was on a train in Spain I was sitting next to a lady with two geese, opposite was a man with a box of chickens and I'm sure there was a sheep on there somewhere :RollEyes: now admittedly this was a few years ago but surely they still allow poochies?

We will want to visit places such as Barcelona etc and will have to leave the motorhome on site and use public transport for the day. Won't want to leave the dogs in it for that length of time so they will have to join us :Sad:So unless we can stuff them up our jumpers we will have to own up that we have dogs with us.

Will we be barred on the bus? Will we have to walk to the cities we want to see?
Will we have to put them in a push chair and pretend they are hairy babies?:Eek!

Does anyone know? ........ Or was it all a dream?:Confused::yawn:

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Take them to France, they even let the mutts sit on restaurant tables there:Doh:

You didn't see this..... DID YOU :Doh:

" now retired and living in France with two dogs (Bichon Frises )"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:Smile:Hi,
If they're not banned , they should be !!!!:Angry:
They're everywhere; they're taking over the world...:Angry:
Imagine a world without dog pooo ??:Eeek:

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Volusia,

I can give you this info for trains............

http://www.seat61.com/dogs-by-train.htm#.UnVNb_lFDIU

Small dogs under 10kg are allowed in a pet carrier, but check country by country for the correct info. In spain dogs larger than this aren't allowed on trains.

As I have travelled a lot with my labradoodle, I think you will find that a lot of the Southern countries of Europe aren't very dog friendly and I very much doubt they will be allowed on buses. Locals seem to see dogs as street animals.

For us doggie-lovers, it is a problem. :Sad:

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
They don't sit ON the restaurant tables ...... They sit AT or UNDER the tables:Smile:. .......we've lived here for five years and I'm still not used to that:whatthe:

I agree about the dog poo issue though. If its out there (and it certainly is) you can guarantee Dave's shoes will find it :swear: YUKKK!

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Volusia,

Small dogs under 10kg are allowed in a pet carrier, but check country by country for the correct info. In spain dogs larger than this aren't allowed on trains.

As I have travelled a lot with my labradoodle, I think you will find that a lot of the Southern countries of Europe aren't very dog friendly and I very much doubt they will be allowed on buses. Locals seem to see dogs as street animals.

Thanks Pinkie ..... I should have known you would have the answer :Smile: I'll have to put the boys on a diet before we go, they are touching on 10 kg !

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
They don't sit ON the restaurant tables ...... They sit AT or UNDER the tables:Smile:. .......we've lived here for five years and I'm still not used to that:whatthe:

I agree about the dog poo issue though. If its out there (and it certainly is) you can guarantee Dave's shoes will find it :swear: YUKKK!

Sorry to disagree with you I have seen dogs sitting on tables on several occasions, in fact at one time we were sitting at a six seater table waiting for our order and a lady plonked herself down opposite us and placed her mutt on the table, my French is not too good but even my body language was completely ignored, we waited for our meal to arrive and asked to be transferred to a different table, the waiter obliged without giving a second thought to the woman and her 'table mate':Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Volusia,

could be worse...some countries see dogs as FOOD :roflmto:

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
No Christmas stockings for them then! ::bigsmile:

I have enough trouble with Dave feeding them leftovers! To say nothing of the Grandchildren sneaking them biscuits:whatthe: I shall have to put them on the scales when I get on. Good job there isn't a weight restriction for humans ..... But perhaps there should be:RollEyes:

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Tony ..... Be warned! Never mention eating dogs to a dog lover :Angry: I may collect a dozen or so and bring them round to poo on your doorstep:winky:

Re. the dog on the table! Even as a dog lover I wouldn't have allowed that. Disgusting!:Eeek:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Tony ..... Be warned! Never mention eating dogs to a dog lover :Angry: I may collect a dozen or so and bring them round to poo on your doorstep:winky:

Re. the dog on the table! Even as a dog lover I wouldn't have allowed that. Disgusting!:Eeek:

Don't worry Chris we are also dog lovers, so much so that when we lost our last Yorkie we were so upset we can't bring ourselves round to replace him:cry:

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Dogs abroad

We were in Portugal earlier in the year and dogs were not allowed on bus's or taxi's.
Malc:Sad:

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hey Ho, better get used to the idea that I will have to buy a guide book of Barcelona and make that do then:Angry:

Actually I spent many weeks in Barcelona years ago with a Spanish 'pen friend's' family so I know it pretty well. Dave doesn't though and I thought it would be nice to see it again together.

Much as I love my dogs there are times when they are a bl#%*y nuisance :RollEyes: I could always sty 'at home' with the dogs and send him sightseeing on his own:RollEyes:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
small dogz

Volusia,

So you can put an under 10kg dog in a Ryannair cabin bag and not have to pay a surcharge!:ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, there is an aire in Barcelona so you could park overnight if you wished, mind you the charge is as much as a campsite. :RollEyes: Most places have somewhere to park.:Smile:

Or do what we do, get a dog basket on the bike, or trailer, :winky: maybe just walk. :ROFLMAO:

Jane with our dog Izzy in her basket, she loves it. ::bigsmile: Bob.

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 57

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
So you can put an under 10kg dog in a Ryannair cabin bag and not have to pay a surcharge!:ROFLMAO:

Erm, nice try, but re-read the post ...............info for trains only!

Commended for trying to take my "blonde" crown though! :ROFLMAO:

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Does any resident know if dogs are allowed on buses in Andulucia? eg in a dog basket. thanks.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

I have seen people hand feeding them sat on their knees at tables in France. Had dogs for 58 of my 68 years on this planet and never ever fed them from the table. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

They are supposed to taste just like chicken. BUSBY:roflmto:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Hi, there is an aire in Barcelona so you could park overnight if you wished, mind you the charge is as much as a campsite. :RollEyes: Most places have somewhere to park.:Smile:

Or do what we do, get a dog basket on the bike, or trailer, :winky: maybe just walk. :ROFLMAO:

Jane with our dog Izzy in her basket, she loves it. ::bigsmile: Bob.
Well they both look happy, maybe its the position of the saddle :ROFLMAO:

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Last time I went to France, which was admittedly a long time ago, a couple bought their Alsatian into the cafe we were in and they sat on the bench seat with the dog by them eating sugar out of the sugar bowl!!!!! The dog that is - not the people - and no one turned a hair!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
They are supposed to taste just like chicken. BUSBY:roflmto:
nop they test like dog I think a bit like mutton had it when I lived and worked in Siberia and if not cooked and prepared right it is bad
but out there most things end up on the plate sum times never knew watt I was eating and never asked :Eeek:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Two years ago inValencia A Dutch couple were very upset when the bus driver wouldn't allow their dog on board. It was tiny with just it's head sticking out of the lady's handbag.if they'd zipped it up I think they would have got away with it

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Good news for your dog

My sister booked the ferry from Hull to Zebrugga today.She was told they have reverted back to allowing you the option of putting your dog in a cage or it can stay in your car or van .She was told this is due to the fall off in people travelling this route with animals not wanting to leave there dog in a strange enviroment on there own.The moral is -Money does talk lol.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Does any resident know if dogs are allowed on buses in Andulucia? eg in a dog basket. thanks.

Not sure, but I have seen a dog disappear inside an anaconda. It was on FluTube. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back