Noise reduction (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to reduce noise further in autotrail Tracker? Is it worth fitting additional floor coverings in locker boxes?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi :welcome: to fun. :thumb:

You always get some rattles, mostly from the oven / grill pan ect. ::bigsmile:

We put this type of thing between plates for example to stop the rattles. ::bigsmile: Bob.

Here: Link Removed

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Hi :welcome: to fun. :thumb:

You always get some rattles, mostly from the oven / grill pan ect. ::bigsmile:

We put this type of thing between plates for example to stop the rattles. ::bigsmile: Bob.

Here: Link Removed

we use tea towels you can never have to many tea towels in a van

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
felt type carpet insulation under the cab rubber mats and up the firewall will help. for the doors you can buy self adhesive sound deadening pads.

locker floors tend to be covered by the content of the locker, but any vibration will be amplified by objects like plastic boxes. adding some extra insulation may help a little, but not by much

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Motobanker.. We got some carpet offcuts from our local shop and covered the floor in each side locker which helped and also you can buy rolls of rubberised mesh mat from any camping type shop and cover the bottom of all storage lockers and cupboards. We also use it between plates etc.. Also as some one else said, plenty of tea towels around the grille pan and saucepans.. ALSO.. Don't go over 85 mph. !! :ROFLMAO:

Mitch . :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
For us it was the damned tyres ! Never really took any notice of the noise level until we happened to change the tyres from Michelins to Hankooks

The difference was staggering to say the least.. Suddenly we could talk in normal voices..
As I say, we never really noticed it was so loud in the cab ( MH is a 4 ton 7 berth C class on a Pug boxer chassis ) until the change

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Rather strangely, when changing from Pirelli Citynet tyres, to Yokohama mud and snow, all-terrain super earthmover tyres, there has been no perceptible difference!:whatthe:
New tyres have the new noise, grip and fuel economy ratings applied to them, I don't know whether this can help a buyer at all.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The Hankkoks I fitted are M & S too.. To be honest I did not give the noise level any thought at all... just wanted to chuck a decent set of bowler on as the original Mich Camoping Car ones had started to crack.. Local place could only get the correct sized tyres quickly in the Hankook make, so that's what we went for.. pure luck they have turned out to be so good ( and REALLY good at getting out of muddy fields, something the old Mich's could never do )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back