Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
We are considering upgrading our MWB Renault Master van (converted for us a few years ago by Mill Garage, in Duns) to something slightly bigger, but still a PVC. Does anyone know (and/or recommend) anyone else who does bespoke conversions in Scotland or the north of England? We have already approached Mill Garage but want to compare what they can offer with one or two other companies.

BTW this has nothing to do with Terry's "van for conversion" - will not be bidding - 'though it looks a good deal:thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I have a WildAx, built in Elland near Halifax. His conversions are good and he has done bespoke before, although he is now busy with several different models. He does one on the Renault Master, but might be persuaded to do something bigger. Worth asking anyway! :thumb:

Catherine

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We are considering upgrading our MWB Renault Master van (converted for us a few years ago by Mill Garage, in Duns) to something slightly bigger, but still a PVC. Does anyone know (and/or recommend) anyone else who does bespoke conversions in Scotland or the north of England? We have already approached Mill Garage but want to compare what they can offer with one or two other companies.

BTW this has nothing to do with Terry's "van for conversion" - will not be bidding - 'though it looks a good deal:thumb:

Not mine it's Jez's :winky: theres a few nice conversions coming from the Newcastle, Durham area, may be worthwhile looking whos done /selling them
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Not mine it's Jez's :winky: theres a few nice conversions coming from the Newcastle, Durham area, may be worthwhile looking whos done /selling them
Terry

Ooops:Doh::Doh:

Anyway, thanks to you and Catherine for the suggestions.
Looking at KamperKong in Wigan. rather a long way away from Inverness, but look the sort of thing we are looking for - has anyone heard of them?

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Another Wigan firm is Nu Venture their Calsetta conversion on a lwb Master is like a Tardis

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

magbrin

Free Member
Jun 18, 2010
near Inverness
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2008
Another Wigan firm is Nu Venture their Calsetta conversion on a lwb Master is like a Tardis

Yup, we plan to visit them, too. However they have not proved easy to communicate with, to date, so it looks as if they don't need our business:Sad:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If you want to go as far as wigan then both Gary at Kustom sports and John at Carlton motorhomes are worth visting -about half a mile apart - John used to do all gary's work before setting up himself -cabinets and cupboard work is excelent -07828316116-john he takes a little getting hold of because he will be crawling around a van in his unit -tell him terry opposite Julie gave you his number -

Broken Link Removed
terry

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You might want to have a look here www.rsmotorhomes.com and click on the Equinox.

RS are about a mile away from me and last I heard were under recevers :Eeek: but still trading (make excelent vans but very pricey) You could visit all 3 makers in one go as the 2 at Carlton are 15 mins away -- could be worth the trip and get 3 prices if you know what you want ::bigsmile:
terry

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
RS are about a mile away from me and last I heard were under recevers :Eeek: but still trading (make excelent vans but very pricey)

I'm sure I read a thread on here that said RS were moving to new premises, not going bust. Shame if they are as I was going to have a MH built by them when I win the lottery. ::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I'm sure I read a thread on here that said RS were moving to new premises, not going bust. Shame if they are as I was going to have a MH built by them when I win the lottery. ::bigsmile:

Chances are they may well be doing that -it would not surprise me if they PHOENIXED I would not put anything past the owner.It will be a mighty impressive factory if they go bigger as the one they are in now is not exactly a small place --
terry

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Chances are they may well be doing that -it would not surprise me if they PHOENIXED I would not put anything past the owner.It will be a mighty impressive factory if they go bigger as the one they are in now is not exactly a small place --
terry

Reading between the lines you don't seem that impressed by the owner.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Reading between the lines you don't seem that impressed by the owner.

Know more of him and things they got up to and about small people they owe /owed money to.I suspose it happens a lot with bigger firms hanging onto money before eventually paying up -In my world I did a job and expected to be paid when finished,I could then pay for the things that I owed (say take goods and pay within 14 days etc)and what was left was mine ::bigsmile:
I knew they were struglilng / not paying small people for small jobs outsourced about 9 mths before the recivers were called in -chances are it was a bigger surplier that called them in - A pity really because they had about 3 million quids worth of vans up for sale so recevers will have sold them off paying themselves first :winky: then the banks etc all while keeping it as a going concern so the only loosers would be the small firms and probably the bigger supplier who sent in the recivers ::bigsmile:Now they probably bought the firm for next to nothing minus all the debt and carry on as they did before -still cracking van though :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back