Van for Conversion (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Have to admit I'm a bit tempted by this, doing some of the conversion myself I reckon about 10 Grand should give me a pretty good spec. what do you think ?

Link Removed

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Great if you have all the skills required .... and the patience... It will probably take you months longer than you think it will. If you do, then hope it goes well for you.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
I'm not too overfaced with it, what I don't know I can read up on & what I decide I can't do will get a man or woman who can. I think its mainly the electrics especially 12v side that will test me.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Looks like a really nice van.

I would consider going for one without windows as well as I know a lot of people that have regretted buying a van with windows already fitted.

The problems are the windows are a single glaze so can be a condensation nightmare and that you may not want windows everywhere - say behind where a bathroom might be?

As for building your own van - obviously I think this is a great idea ::bigsmile:

£10k is realistic. Can be done much cheaper and I know people who have spent much more.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Too many windows for my taste and I think they look like they are only single glazed. If you want to put a shower in or wardrobes they will obscure the windows. There is also condensation issues with that many windows I would hazard a guess.

I prefer a straight panel van for conversions and put just enough seitz windows in to give me what I need.

Other than that, very nice van :thumb:

PS: where did that half hour go between my opening this thread and answering it :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Yes I have to say that the windows could be an issue, they look the same as the ones Autosleepers use (probably exactly the same) as they are factory fitted & if I remember they have some sort of thermal properties in their glass so I could do with an Auto sleeper owner to give me the low down on that but I assume it cuts down the condensation issue & keeps the heat in (or am I hoping beyond my rationale!!)
I would be looking to do a conversion similar to the Windrush but with only one bed at the back and a storage area underneath it. I think the glass would look okay because its one way vision so from outside areas such as the shower room would be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Yes I have to say that the windows could be an issue, they look the same as the ones Autosleepers use (probably exactly the same) as they are factory fitted & if I remember they have some sort of thermal properties in their glass so I could do with an Auto sleeper owner to give me the low down on that but I assume it cuts down the condensation issue & keeps the heat in (or am I hoping beyond my rationale!!)
I would be looking to do a conversion similar to the Windrush but with only one bed at the back and a storage area underneath it. I think the glass would look okay because its one way vision so from outside areas such as the shower room would be fine.

Until you get showered when its dark ::bigsmile:
yep looks a nice van -- they can and do blank the windows in part :thumb:Yes putting your own windows where you want them would be nice but also small windows cost £200 plus and larger ones £400 plus so very easy to spend a lot on windows that your van already has and looks nice :Smile:
costs aprox what you can get done as advertised by co's on fleabay
£1k to line all van out
£3.5k for all units fitted
£3k for apliences,boiler and heater
so yes 10k would do it easy to a good standard without you having to lift a finger :Smile:
terry

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back