LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
In fairness to other members,,,,, my last attempt went down like the "Titanic"... :ROFLMAO:

1st organised trip the weather was against us... "WIND"... :Sad:
2nd trip not enough to cover the charter boat, but was short notice.. :RollEyes:

So I will try again.... :winky:

Thinking about the end of next summer...

Two sites that can accommodate us for camping near Weymouth, "Bagwell" and "Swallows Rest"... here = http://www.bagwellfarm.co.uk/camping.html and here = Link Removed

I know it is months away, But the charter boats out of Weymouth get booked up months in advance..

So hence the early heads up to see how many are interested, and bounce a few dates around..

These boats will steam 20 - 30 miles offshore to get to the best fishing grounds... (Near the French Coast)...

If you are not used to "Deep Sea Angling"..... or have only fished with a bamboo rod and a cotton reel, please with due respect don't put your name down... or if you are susceptible to Sea Sickness, like wise... It`s not as if the boat can make a ten minute run back to drop you off..

These Fast Offshore Charter boats can cost upwards of £5 - 600 a day... but I will pull a couple of favours and should get one or two for around the £400 mark, each.. (Two boats if enough want)

Which equates to approx. £40 - £50 per head... ideally 8 persons to a boat.. to save swinging tangles..

I shall also post this on RVOC, our sister site, as the last time a trip was organised it was blown out,, (Wind)... and I`m sure a couple of those members would like to try again..

Over to you if you fancy your chances of catching one of the below photo`s... :thumb:

Attachments

• b3081ac3a5d19743cad3646b137a8fc4.jpg
    b3081ac3a5d19743cad3646b137a8fc4.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 3470fd9cd37fee4d883043c6777c6cc8.jpg
    3470fd9cd37fee4d883043c6777c6cc8.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 82

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
not all boats take women. will there be one that does ??? :thumb::thumb::thumb:

we are away from 21st August until september but could do July from 15th onwards

and if its before the ilfracombe meet some people might go from weymouth to that one rather than home and back again - just a thought

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
not all boats take women. will there be one that does ??? :thumb::thumb::thumb:

we are away from 21st August until september but could do July from 15th onwards

and if its before the ilfracombe meet some people might go from weymouth to that one rather than home and back again - just a thought

Both boats have WC`s.... so no hanging your bum over the gunwalls.. :winky:

Early days yet Gail.. see what people want.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The Ilfracombe meet will be 9-13th August and you beat me too it Mo I emailed the local charter boats today for prices, hee hee. If it comes off we can have a gert great fish BBQ and kedgeree
could maybe do swimming with dolphins instead

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Is that the best we can expect? Not worth it for fish that size Mo, I'll stick to the Faroes. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Is that the best we can expect? Not worth it for fish that size Mo, I'll stick to the Faroes. :ROFLMAO:

Don't like Cod any bigger than 14 - 26 pounds...:thumb:

Any older and they are always riddled with worm... :Blush:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
You get hidden worms, slugs and all manner of things in Vegetables... :winky::ROFLMAO:

Mo, you rotter... that's my big fear...:cry:

Broken Link Removedonce more ..

ps mushrooms are the worst in frozen vegetables .. I can never tell if it is part of a slug... :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

You will be OK, Joy..:thumb:

As long as you remember to wash all the fertilisers and sprays they put on/over/in vegetables... :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Bill would love to do this Mo, but he has never fished the seas before only the rivers many many years ago. He never gets sea sick though unlike me.

regards Kate

ps. Us girls can just watch the teddys goldfishing whilst you boys go play with the big fish:ROFLMAO:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004

ps mushrooms are the worst in frozen vegetables .. I can never tell if it is part of a slug... :(
before i was married,i went to a young lady's house for dinner and to meet her very well off parents ,salad was the meal with lots of lettuce.when i noticed a cabbage white caterpillar on my lettuce,not wanting to embarrass her parents,i ate it:Eeek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
before i was married,i went to a young lady's house for dinner and to meet her very well off parents ,salad was the meal with lots of lettuce.when i noticed a cabbage white caterpillar on my lettuce,not wanting to embarrass her parents,i ate it:Eeek:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH NO.:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::shout::shout:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
How the best of threads go astray ........

In the '50's a woman brought a bun back to the bakers near us and showed him a fly stuck in the middle complete with wings, quick as a flash he dug it out of the bun and ate it saying "That's no fly it's a current". I always checked my iced buns after that. :Eeek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
In fairness to other members,,,,, my last attempt went down like the "Titanic"... :ROFLMAO:

1st organised trip the weather was against us... "WIND"... :Sad:
2nd trip not enough to cover the charter boat, but was short notice.. :RollEyes:

So I will try again.... :winky:

Thinking about the end of next summer...

Two sites that can accommodate us for camping near Weymouth, "Bagwell" and "Swallows Rest"... here = http://www.bagwellfarm.co.uk/camping.html and here = Link Removed

I know it is months away, But the charter boats out of Weymouth get booked up months in advance..

So hence the early heads up to see how many are interested, and bounce a few dates around..

These boats will steam 20 - 30 miles offshore to get to the best fishing grounds... (Near the French Coast)...

If you are not used to "Deep Sea Angling"..... or have only fished with a bamboo rod and a cotton reel, please with due respect don't put your name down... or if you are susceptible to Sea Sickness, like wise... It`s not as if the boat can make a ten minute run back to drop you off..

These Fast Offshore Charter boats can cost upwards of £5 - 600 a day... but I will pull a couple of favours and should get one or two for around the £400 mark, each.. (Two boats if enough want)

Which equates to approx. £40 - £50 per head... ideally 8 persons to a boat.. to save swinging tangles..

I shall also post this on RVOC, our sister site, as the last time a trip was organised it was blown out,, (Wind)... and I`m sure a couple of those members would like to try again..

Over to you if you fancy your chances of catching one of the below photo`s... :thumb:

:thumb:xxxxxx

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
First boat, more or less full.. :thumb:

So looks like a two boater... :reel:

Same as last time,,, an Evening bar-b-q... with the catch... :RollEyes: Hopefully this time I wont have to scrounge some fish from a local Trawler... And we can eat some of our own caught fish... :ROFLMAO:

As some have probably read on RVOC site ,,,, Bengie has offered to do another "Hog Roast".. Be rude not to accept his offer, after last times "Superb Roast"... :thumb:

For those "Funsters" that don't know,,,, Bengie is a member of RVOC, and at the last Bagwell Farm meet, he bought along a "Commercial Hog Roast Machine"... and we got a 200lb odd Hog and he Spit roasted it for us,,, It was fabulous,,, and a lot filled their freezers with what was over... :thumb:

Thinking of doing another 9 dayer, if people want, and possibly a lot earlier.. hoping for better weather than last time...

Same as before.... Self Drive Coach for them that want to do a bit of site seeing, and the usual Cheese and wine get together.. and plenty of days off to do your own thing.. :Cool:

Going up to Weymouth to see some friends and what the chances of another venue in the area... :thumb:

Any views on these idea`s.... :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back