Brake Buddy Question? (1 Viewer)

S

Sven Hoodlam

Deleted User
Hi all,
Can anyone help me with this little item please?
I have just purchased a 32ft US RV which came with a car that has a Brake Buddy Tow system fitted to it. It was originally fitted by a company in Stoke on Trent and that'ts the nearest place I know at the moment who can do a change over for me from one car to another. The problem is I am in Essex and I need to take two cars up there and back to do the change over!! :cry: Does anyone know anyone else closer to me in Essex that can do this Brake Buddy work to swap the systemon the two vehicles over please? :Smile:

Many thanks in advance to all for your help.
Regards S.H.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi all,
Can anyone help me with this little item please?
I have just purchased a 32ft US RV which came with a car that has a Brake Buddy Tow system fitted to it. It was originally fitted by a company in Stoke on Trent and that'ts the nearest place I know at the moment who can do a change over for me from one car to another. The problem is I am in Essex and I need to take two cars up there and back to do the change over!! :cry: Does anyone know anyone else closer to me in Essex that can do this Brake Buddy work to swap the systemon the two vehicles over please? :Smile:

Many thanks in advance to all for your help.
Regards S.H.

Simon at Mercury ARV might know of someone - he's in that neck of the woods (well, Canterbury.....closer than Stoke) :Smile:

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
hi sven

i have used a brake buddy for several years. there is really nothing to swap over. you must make sure that the cigar lighter (i prefer the euro plug, more reliable) connection is ok for 10 amps, and does not switch off with the ignition. the only other connection is for the "breakaway" system. you can buy another one from towtal in stoke, or through the internet. all you have to do is mount it with tape at the front, and run the cable through to plug into the brake buddy.

i operate mine at 45lbs pressure, towing a fiat punto. sensitivity about 4 or 5 seems best, but you may find different.

good luck. ask if you want any more advice

des

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back