Ok then. Onesies? (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Possibly been asked before but what's everyone's opinion on onesies? Novelty onesies? Superhero onesies? Patterned onesies? Having spent most of my working life so far in a boiler suit I have my opinion. Share yours...:Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile:Well, er know what's coming .... but I have one, Carol has one, Ourcampersbeentrashed son has one, and the list of members who have one is endless.

If I knew how to download photos from the Rally Albums I would... but it never works for me. :Smile:

this is me with Gail's son. I don't know how to download the one of me. No it isn't ... the photo download isn't working again......

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
NO:thumbdown:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
NO:thumbdown:

Mmmmmm . Interests. Sailing and skiing. I'll have a look online at some of the ski suits and sailing suits...................
Rubber onesies and thermal onesies........but I respect your answer as I did ask for opinions. :thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Robert has a frog onsie that he loves and Ive just bought hubby a brilliant halloween skeleton onsie

its fab, soft and warm and he will have such fun with the trick or treaters on thursday

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
My 16 year old daughter has a couple and bought me one a few months back which I have to admit to wearing round the house and relaxing in the motorhome, although when I wear it to pick her up she won't let me get out the car :ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Try again.

Me in onesey
Gail's son in onesey

They are a fun thing.:Smile:

Attachments

• 100[1].jpg
    100[1].jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 139
  • RibbitRibbit.jpg
    RibbitRibbit.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 97

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Having spent my working life in overalls I think the latest trend looks stupid

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have one, well not sure it if is an 'official' onesie as I had it before the 'rage' for them, it is a superman one which I got from a car boot sale for 50p - I bought it to use in winter in the camper as I feel the cold something chronic so I can put it on top of my jim-jams on a night to keep me snug in bed ... it's a b*gger if you need to go to the loo though!!! :ROFLMAO:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
hell next they'll be wanting nappies to wear under them there babygro's

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Closestt thing to a onesie for me is my winter boiler suit, oft referred to as my "workshop onesie" but it is purely a necessity not a fashion item.

D.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I was going to say NO until I saw the comment about skiing and sailing. Let me see.... More of us wear onesies than we think:

My motorcycle leathers = kinky leather onesie
My sailing dry suits (x2) = kinky rubber onesie
My sailing wetsuit = rather close fitting rubber onesie
My woolly bear undergarment for dry suit = cuddly onesie
My flame resistant coveralls for when I go on ships = rather scratchy onesie

The list goes on, but I don't yet have a bunny one (a little piggy one would be more appropriate) :winky:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Onesies

:thumbdown:
A definite NO from me. My mum tells me I had one of these in the early fifties, but I was only about two at the time. Ok if you don't mind looking like Andy Pandy I suppose, or Winston Churchill in his spare time. No doubt they will all end up in Barnsley, the elephant's graveyard for shell suits!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've worn a boiler suit for DIY in the past and always found it awkward. At least boiler suits don't look as ridiculous as onesies. I presume the fad has arisen because some stores ban people from shopping in their pyjamas :roflmto:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
A few weeks ago and I was waiting in the arrivals hall at Manchester Airport when a young lad of about 20 came through off a plane wearing a 'stars & stripes' one. He did look a prat, on his own with no-one with him (perhaps they were walking well behind) and he did get quite a few stares and raised eyebrows.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I've got one that I wear on cold nights around the house. It doesn't have a silly pattern and I don't wear it outside or answer the door in it.
It's lovely and warm and comfy but it does take longer to go to the loo so you have to answer the call earlier so to speak. :winky:

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
... I presume the fad has arisen because some stores ban people from shopping in their pyjamas :roflmto:

Worse than that I'm afraid, Graham - it was one of our own :Doh:
If you remember, 'twas that nice Mr Haganap who introduced the world to this trendy attire a couple of years ago... :winky:

(can't find the picture, but I'm sure there was one) :Smile:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Worse than that I'm afraid, Graham - it was one of our own :Doh:
If you remember, 'twas that nice Mr Haganap who introduced the world to this trendy attire a couple of years ago... :winky:

(can't find the picture, but I'm sure there was one) :Smile:

I knew we could blame Paul for a lot but didn't expect anyone to pin onesies on him.
I personally blame Joy (Movan)

When I was in the Army we wore coveralls a sort of Green Onesie
but after Three years and the nickname of
"The Jolly Green Giant " I gave up wearing them as soon as I could.

Roger

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
No, no, no, no!

Turn your heating up or get a better insulated van!::bigsmile:

Note all these loved-up couples saying NO to onesies?:winky: When you are a sole traveller believe me they are warm, comfortable and easy to snuggle down in whilst you read or watch tv.... and when you wake up in a morning and have to go out and change your gas bottle before you can have a hot drink you are covered head to toe and can beggar what anyone thinks you look like in a morning.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back