Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
we have just bought a new to us 2007 rapido 7097F and have no owners handbook for van or ducato base vehicle any help with these would be gratefully received:thumb: But in particular does the water tank have a drain tap? or do you just push red button down on truma heater and run pump till empty? thanks in anticipation.::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's a Rapido so it doesn't matter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, it should have a drain something like the attached fairly close to the hot water tank.

Really seriously, it's a Rapido so it doesn't matter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Truma drain.jpg
    Truma drain.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 31

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Hi,The first thing to do is open all taps and let it drain,then open tap on the heater and drain ,and then drain the waste tank,because they can all freeze and cause damage,if it has a shower just make sure you drain it,as they have water in the pipe,regards H:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
No need to run the pump when draining down.

Turn the 12v pump supply off, and as advised above, open all taps, drain valves, dump valves, tank valves, etc, and when it's all drained down, operate the electric flush for the toilet.
There is a little elctrical solenoid underneath the Thetford swivel bowl, which controls the flushing water being pumped from the fresh water tank................and it's a bu##er to replace after suffering frost damage. :winky:
When it fails, it slowly syphons away your drinking water, fills up your bowl, and overflows all over your toilet floor :whatthe: .......... if you don't catch it in time. :winky:

HTH,

Jock.

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Hiya.you should have a drain valve somewhere.I have a rapido & I have to take a drawer out to operate the said valve:Doh:.dont know where your:thumb: heater is on your model but the drainvalve can be up to2to3 ft from heater.as said before.open all taps.drain water from heater and I remove shower head and let pipe hang loose when not using in cold weather.once all water has drained run pump for a couple of seconds to clear water from pump.

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
It's a Rapido so it doesn't matter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, it should have a drain something like the attached fairly close to the hot water tank.

Really seriously, it's a Rapido so it doesn't matter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can I ask why it does not matter?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Long running wind-up between some of us Burstner & Rapido owners :roflmto:
We Hymer owners tend not to get involved with such wind-ups. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, back on topic. Some folks are experiencing a frost already this morning, so draining down is a worthy subject right now. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Long running wind-up between some of us Burstner & Rapido owners :roflmto:

Something to do with Rapido's being so much classier I think::bigsmile:

BTW my drain valve is next to the Truma thermo valve. Its a black lever that you lift up. I think your kitchen layout is the same as mine, if so its under the pull out "wine rack"

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
It took me a while to find mine, and I do have a manual which was no help at all. Gave a picture of the valve but didn't say where it was.

To find if it's where mine is.

1. Pull out the big storage drawer under the sink.
2. Grovel about on the floor and behind some bottle holders there is a shelf.
3. Remove 11 jars of curry sauce which will reveal a small hole in the bottom of the shelf.
4. Insert finger into hole and lift bottom of shelf out.
5. press down top of valve to open it, next to the heater drain valve is a pull up valve which should drain the cold tank.
6. Put everything back till the time you want to close the valves again.
:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
we have just bought a new to us 2007 rapido 7097F and have no owners handbook for van or ducato base vehicle any help with these would be gratefully received:thumb: But in particular does the water tank have a drain tap? or do you just push red button down on truma heater and run pump till empty? thanks in anticipation.::bigsmile:

Mick ...on ours there is also a drain tap under the sink...a small false floor just to cover the tap....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back