Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Last week we fetched our Motorhome :thumb: Nightmare journey but thats another story.

Since then i have been getting things sorted (getting alarm fitted tomorrow). Last couple of days i have been making an adapter to mount a spare wheel in the garage, thats nearly finished and i'm well pleased with it.

Anyway to get to my question.
The Motorhome is based on a Transit twin rear wheel chassis..... how do you check the Tyre pressures?:Sad:

I can't even see the valves never mind get to them, surely you dont have to take the wheels off to check the pressure :whatthe:

Is there some sort of adapter to bring the valve stems through the wheels to the outside?

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi and Happy travels in your MH, to check pressures on your rear twin wheels there should be a longer valve stem from the wheel inside if you can not see one, the inner wheel has beem fitted wrong,valve stem's should be at 12and 6 o clock position's of the two wheels,if you still cannot find them take the MH in to a tyre depot and have them to check it out,Regards Alf.

francour

Free Member
Mar 13, 2012
Pontefract
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
tyre pressures

Hi
you can buy valve exstensions and don't forget nearside wheel nuts on a twin wheeler left hand thread ::bigsmile: Thanks francour

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Hi and Happy travels in your MH, to check pressures on your rear twin wheels there should be a longer valve stem from the wheel inside if you can not see one, the inner wheel has beem fitted wrong,valve stem's should be at 12and 6 o clock position's of the two wheels,if you still cannot find them take the MH in to a tyre depot and have them to check it out,Regards Alf.

You can get the extentions from any Worthwhile Tyre dealer ,AND If you smile nicely at Jim :notworthy: , he'll sell you a set of his tyre pressure monitors, Just a casual glance is all you need then to check your pressures, if your Tyres lose more than 4lp psi the little light in the end flashs:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you usually dont need any extensions if you are using a push pull tyre blower upper.
one with an end like this Link Removed
i dont like the extensions . should you get a stone trapped and use a bar to remove it then you risk damaging the extension .
plus if its a rubber version have seen them perish .
there all sorts of extensions . but with the right set up you can manage with out . i do.

OP
OP
Biged

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Well i got some extensions which turned out not to be long enough :Doh:

Getting the wheels of the spigot for the first time EVER was 'interesting' anyway with a good thrashing with a rubber mallet and some leverage between the tyre they parted company, it was at this stage that i realised that the 140mm ones i had were just not going to do it :Sad:

Some 210mm ones now on order :thumb:

While i had the wheels off i though best check the pressures to see what i have been driving back from the dealers with (170 miles). Rear wheels should be 50psi, inside wheel 37psi outside 60psi :Eeek:

Well serviced MOT'd and checked over :Angry:

By the way someone replied that the rear nearside are LH thread, only on the early versions now RH the same as the rest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back