Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Are the ARV and the ARVE two different clubs? I know that ARVE is the Club owned by the same guy that owns the ARV magazine. Does the ARV exist separately, does it have a have a website?

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Jim

They are two separate clubs. AFAIK the ARV club doesn't have a website.......if it does I haven't found it yet :Smile:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim I believe that the ARV was started about 14 years ago and is a straightforward club run by volunteers, at some point their was a split and the ARVE was formed, this is now run by ABP and is more commercially based to support their business, which is why you get a glossy mag.

I had a long chat to the guy who started the ARV at Stratford, mainly because I kept parking in his area ::bigsmile: it all ended friendly, and he was supposed to bring a membership form along to me but it never arrived. Probably thought I would lower the tone.::bigsmile:

Olley

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I met some old friends at Newbury (well, ex-customers who were still talking to me!) and they introduced me to the ARV membership secretary who gave us the form to fill in. We decided to join and will be going with them to Longleat for a rally in the meadows next to the lake.
Paul and Jeni Rees run the ARVE (American RV Enthusiasts) but it isn't a club as such. We've done a number of events with them and found them friendly enough. I've always found a shared interest a useful introduction!

Regards
Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back